You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : The Finer Things

New Look For Trivia

A forum about lifestyle: toys, gadgets, fine food, drinks and smokes.

bhmbaglock 20 Apr 09, 03:34Post
Let me know what you think. I doubt Ted will get the joke, but who knows.

http://my.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90549

As always, everybody is welcome unlike the private POS run by srb. Hell, he's even welcome although he might need a pretty thick skin.

Also, I just put up another quiz on their site dealing with modified a/c called "Born Again Aircraft". You can play this or my other quizzes at http://www.funtrivia.com/profile/bhmbaglock.html
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 20 Apr 09, 10:08Post
I got 9/10. The ICBM got me.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
bhmbaglock 20 Apr 09, 11:14Post
miamiair wrote:I got 9/10. The ICBM got me.

I thought you would do well. Over 50 people have taken it so far and only one other person has managed a 9. Lots of 3s and 4s.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Apr 09, 11:24Post

Me too. I was stumped by a question about a town in Michigan :roll:
A million great ideas...
bhmbaglock 20 Apr 09, 11:59Post
JLAmber wrote:

??

That didn't ring a bell so I re-read the quiz. Nothing I noticed regarding Michigan. Unless you're talking about something on the daily quiz.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Apr 09, 12:43Post
bhmbaglock wrote:
JLAmber wrote:

??

That didn't ring a bell so I re-read the quiz. Nothing I noticed regarding Michigan. Unless you're talking about something on the daily quiz.

It was something about Great Lake or Great Falls, I may have been a little out with it being in Michigan? ( I was thinking Eastern Great Falls from American Pie )
A million great ideas...
bhmbaglock 20 Apr 09, 15:13Post
JLAmber wrote:It was something about Great Lake or Great Falls, I may have been a little out with it being in Michigan? ( I was thinking Eastern Great Falls from American Pie )

Which quiz?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Apr 09, 15:17Post
bhmbaglock wrote:
JLAmber wrote:It was something about Great Lake or Great Falls, I may have been a little out with it being in Michigan? ( I was thinking Eastern Great Falls from American Pie )

Which quiz?

The trivia (general knowledge 4 - harder) quiz.
A million great ideas...
Boris (Founding Member) 20 Apr 09, 15:18Post
I like the new look...

I got 6/10 on your modified aircraft. Not bad for someone who's never been in the business...
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers...
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Apr 09, 18:12Post

Great Falls, in Montana. Great Falls is, in my opinion, far from a great place. I was attacked by a goose there once.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Apr 09, 18:13Post
Lucas wrote:

Great Falls, in Montana. Great Falls is, in my opinion, far from a great place. I was attacked by a goose there once.

Montana/Michigan, same difference. D'oh :oops:
A million great ideas...
bhmbaglock 21 Apr 09, 03:10Post
JLAmber wrote:
bhmbaglock wrote:

Which quiz?

The trivia (general knowledge 4 - harder) quiz.

Oh, I have no control over those ones. I thought it was on one of the quizzes I wrote. If you want to be able to send corrections to authors on the daily quizzes, you'll have to register. It's free and let's you play lots of other trivia games as well. http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=bhmbaglock
Last edited by bhmbaglock on 22 Apr 09, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 21 Apr 09, 13:11Post
I should wake up before taking the quiz, I sufficiently sucked today . . . :oops:
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
bhmbaglock 21 Apr 09, 16:38Post
ANCFlyer wrote:I should wake up before taking the quiz, I sufficiently sucked today . . . :oops:

Underachiever! I sucked more than sufficiently.
Boris (Founding Member) 21 Apr 09, 17:29Post
bhmbaglock wrote:
ANCFlyer wrote:I should wake up before taking the quiz, I sufficiently sucked today . . . :oops:

Underachiever! I sucked more than sufficiently.

You guys got nothing on me. The only two I knew for sure were the only ones I got right... :oops:

I'm thankful the air topics are only twice a week.
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers...
BCA 21 Apr 09, 22:49Post
Beh.. 6/10. I guess that's OK...
Spicoli 21 Apr 09, 22:59Post
Today wasn't my top day.

Tomorrow, the Geography one, I should do fine on, though.
I root for natural disasters.

"Feast." A novel. (by Spicoli himself)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FJJKOZS
kmh1956 (Founding Member) 24 Apr 09, 00:11Post
OK...so my scientific knowledge is somewhat lacking...OK, a LOT lacking!!!
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 01 May 09, 05:11Post
I keep getting the meandering stream. Funny thing is that I took Sedimentary Rocks last semester in school, so I knew that one off the bat. Please give me some more challenging geology questions. They're somewhat fun.
GPIARFF (Founding Member) 02 May 09, 06:39Post
The only thing that keeps me from kicking everyones a** is Aerospace grab bag :( ( I know this is an aerospace site ) :)
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 May 09, 16:51Post
GPIARFF wrote:The only thing that keeps me from kicking everyones a** is Aerospace grab bag :( ( I know this is an aerospace site ) :)

I still tend to get a high proportion of space questions in the Aerospace grab bag {grumpy}
A million great ideas...
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 03 May 09, 17:19Post
JLAmber wrote:
GPIARFF wrote:The only thing that keeps me from kicking everyones a** is Aerospace grab bag :( ( I know this is an aerospace site ) :)

I still tend to get a high proportion of space questions in the Aerospace grab bag {grumpy}

Same - and most are ridiculously specific - about a certain date, with hardly any variance. I might be able to guess at a month or a year, but when the answers are along the lines of
a) 15th September 1986
b) 16th September 1986
c) 15th September 1986
d) 16th September 1987

there isn't much opportunity of knowing or working out the answer unless you happen to know it for sure.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 05 May 09, 09:42Post
I've got issues with #6 in today's quiz.

I'll elaborate tomorrow.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Mark 05 May 09, 13:27Post
miamiair wrote:I've got issues with #6 in today's quiz.

I'll elaborate tomorrow.

Everyone gets different questions in random order.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
TUSpilot (Founding Member) 10 May 09, 00:23Post
Among today's questions, I got one asking for the date of the Apollo 11 landing. Answers were in M,D,Y format. The question immediately following it was about the year of the Apollo 11 landing.
We live in a galaxy far far away and we STILL have to connect in ATL.