You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : The Finer Things

New Look For Trivia

A forum about lifestyle: toys, gadgets, fine food, drinks and smokes.

ORFflyer (Founding Member) 13 Apr 10, 12:42Post
Boy - it was tough today. I had to guess every damn answer. Guessed right once...... {crazy} {crazy}

Now - what do the fun trivia bucks get me?

Edit: Nevermind - I just went and looked at the recent winners - all DenierVirage BTW - and it's all fictitious.
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.
Boris (Founding Member) 13 Apr 10, 13:47Post
ORFflyer wrote:Boy - it was tough today. I had to guess every damn answer. Guessed right once...... {crazy} {crazy}

Now - what do the fun trivia bucks get me?

Edit: Nevermind - I just went and looked at the recent winners - all DenierVirage BTW - and it's all fictitious.

I'm saving up for the aircraft carrier... ;)
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers...
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jul 10, 11:59Post
Today's Trivia Challenge: The Bucaramanga question is wrong...
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Boris (Founding Member) 17 Jul 10, 13:34Post
miamiair wrote:Today's Trivia Challenge: The Bucaramanga question is wrong...

Before I play....

What answer are they looking for??? ;)
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jul 10, 14:58Post
Boris wrote:
miamiair wrote:Today's Trivia Challenge: The Bucaramanga question is wrong...

Before I play....

What answer are they looking for??? ;)

pick 727-100
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 21 Jul 10, 16:13Post
I liked this question today :))

What is the main seaside resort of Lancashire?
Blackpool
Morecambe
Southport
Lytham
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Boris (Founding Member) 21 Jul 10, 16:18Post
mhodgson wrote:I liked this question today :))

What is the main seaside resort of Lancashire?
Blackpool
Morecambe
Southport
Lytham

I didn't get that one... :(

For the UK, I had something about the Spaghetti traffic in Birmingham...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 21 Jul 10, 16:21Post
My questions were mostly about Portugal or New Zealand...
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Mark 21 Jul 10, 17:28Post
I got Iraq.

Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Jul 10, 06:43Post
Mark wrote:I got Iraq.

{rotfl} {rotfl} {rotfl} Classic...
Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Aug 10, 05:32Post
Catabolic

Must remember to do this daily
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 21 Mar 12, 21:35Post
I had completely forgotten about the daily trivia until today. There's room for a few more :)
A million great ideas...
Fumanchewd 12 Apr 12, 07:09Post
For which of the following cancers is screening of the general population not currently recommended?

Your Answer: prostate cancer
The correct answer was lung cancer.

Hmmm. The Cancer society has no recommendations on periodic prostate cancer and some may even think it is counterproductive as it may lead to hurtful surgery that is not necessarily beneficial.

The American Cancer Society recommends that men make an informed decision with their doctor about whether to be tested for prostate cancer. Research has not yet proven that the potential benefits of testing outweigh the harms of testing and treatment. The American Cancer Society believes that men should not be tested without learning about what we know and don’t know about the risks and possible benefits of testing and treatment.

Starting at age 50, men should talk to a doctor about the pros and cons of testing so they can decide if testing is the right choice for them. If they are African American or have a father or brother who had prostate cancer before age 65, men should have this talk with a doctor starting at age 45. If men decide to be tested, they should have the PSA blood test with or without a rectal exam. How often they are tested will depend on their PSA level.

Whom do I write my angry letter to?
"Give us a kiss, big tits."
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 20 Jul 17, 12:30Post
Thread re-stickied and re-opened :)
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Mark 20 Jul 17, 15:43Post
Saw a Reddit thread a week ago asking for the most useless piece of trivia in the world. The one that I entered: Ronald Reagan was the last US President to have a foreskin. Apparently, JFK was circumcised. I originally found it on a medical thread and data was obtained through open records and autopsy reports.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 21 Jul 17, 10:17Post
I had completely forgotten about this little game.

I'll got try to log-in, screen name is obvious, but who knows what the password might be.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 21 Jul 17, 10:28Post
Today went a lot better than yesterday 8)

But I forgot that time was a factor, so I'd better not play while being on the phone with a client. {blush}
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 21 Jul 17, 11:13Post
I never pay attention to the clock. :))
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.