You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : The Finer Things

Whisky

A forum about lifestyle: toys, gadgets, fine food, drinks and smokes.

CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 18:03Post
This encompasses:
Scotch, Irish, Canadian, American and Bourbon.

Personally, I prefer bourbon. Maker's Mark hit's the spot.
If I had to pick a main-stream scotch that I like, it's going to have to be Black Label JW.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 18:10Post
Simple really . . . .

:mrgreen:
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 19:07Post
Meh...I'm more of a...

...kinda guy. Of course, I'm young. ;)
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
Cadet57 29 Apr 09, 22:41Post
Im not sure if this is more of a bourbon or a whiskey (what is the difference anyways?) But as of late my friends and I have been drinking Knob Creek.
davestan_ksan 29 Apr 09, 22:45Post
Cadet57 wrote:Im not sure if this is more of a bourbon or a whiskey (what is the difference anyways?) But as of late my friends and I have been drinking Knob Creek.

So in other words you've been bobbin the knob? :twisted: :P
John 16:33 | Gary Johnson 2012
Mark 29 Apr 09, 22:46Post
I avoided whisky. When you drank it like me...a pint in an hour...you tend to avoid the shit that gives the worst hangovers. And whisky's good for that, no matter how snooty the label. :mrgreen:
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
Cadet57 29 Apr 09, 22:47Post
davestan_ksan wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:Im not sure if this is more of a bourbon or a whiskey (what is the difference anyways?) But as of late my friends and I have been drinking Knob Creek.

So in other words you've been bobbin the knob? :twisted: :P

You, sir, are an ass :mrgreen:
Gunships 29 Apr 09, 23:09Post
Bourbon-Jack Danels

Blend-Seagrams

Single Malt-Glenlivet

Canadian-Crown Royal
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 23:35Post
ANCFlyer wrote:Simple really . . . .

:mrgreen:

Now where's that tick smilie when I need it :mrgreen:
A million great ideas...
bhmbaglock 30 Apr 09, 02:24Post
JD, Maker's Mark, Jim Beam, and particularly since this is an aviation forum, the Weed:

davestan_ksan 30 Apr 09, 03:56Post
Cadet57 wrote:You, sir, are an ass :mrgreen:

:P Why so defensive? :twisted: :lol:
John 16:33 | Gary Johnson 2012
BaylorAirBear (Founding Member) 30 Apr 09, 04:14Post
Maker's Mark. 'Nuff said!

However, if I'm in the mood to spend a bit more and drink a little slower, the eighteen year Glenlivet is where it's at. I'll never drink the twelve or sixteen, again.

BAB
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you have boobs.
captoveur 30 Apr 09, 04:22Post
I usually go for Makers Mark.

I have heard from some co-workers Gentleman Jack is pretty civilized though.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
BaylorAirBear (Founding Member) 30 Apr 09, 04:25Post
bhmbaglock wrote:...the Weed:

That sounds familiar. I think I've seen a bottle of weed labeled Sweet Tea. If I am remembering that correctly, have you tried that before?

BAB
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you have boobs.
bhmbaglock 30 Apr 09, 04:34Post
BaylorAirBear wrote:
bhmbaglock wrote:...the Weed:

That sounds familiar. I think I've seen a bottle of weed labeled Sweet Tea. If I am remembering that correctly, have you tried that before?

BAB

No, that's some kind of new crap, essentially tea flavored Vodka.
Spicoli 30 Apr 09, 05:04Post
GQfluffy wrote:Meh...I'm more of a...

...kinda guy. Of course, I'm young. ;)

Hah. I love that too. I like Crown a LOT. I can drink a whole bottle in one sitting.
I root for natural disasters.

"Feast." A novel. (by Spicoli himself)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FJJKOZS
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 30 Apr 09, 09:55Post
Scotch (Neat):
Dalwhinie
Laphroaig
Macellen

Don't care for the blends;

Maker's Mark
Knob Creek
Jack Single Barrel
Woodford Reserve

And Busmill's or Jameson's when I am in the mood for some Irish Whiskey
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 30 Apr 09, 10:45Post
I like bourbon.

Jim Beam
Knobbs Creek
Bradford Reserve

Cadet57 wrote:(what is the difference anyways?)

Bourbon is from Kentucky. Whiskey is from Tennessee. Other than that - damn little. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit: There IS a difference in taste. I'm not at all a fan of whiskey. On a flight once, I ordered bourbon on the rocks. The FA brought me Jack Daniels. I politley told her I asked for bourbon, and not whiskey. She said in a somewhat snotty attitude that they're both brown - all the same. I told her they guy next to me ordered gin - you didn't bring him vodka did you - I mean they're both clear - all the same. She went and got me bourbon. Thank goodness it was a short flight - I wasn't her favorite passenger at that point..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.
captoveur 30 Apr 09, 11:05Post
If you can't stand the taste you can consume it like some people at a party we went to the other night.

Soak some cotton balls in it and jam it up your pooper.. Apparently it gets the desired effect even faster- if you don't mind the loss in dignity.
bhmbaglock 30 Apr 09, 11:08Post
ORFflyer wrote:I like bourbon.

Jim Beam
Knobbs Creek
Bradford Reserve

Cadet57 wrote:(what is the difference anyways?)

Bourbon is from Kentucky. Whiskey is from Tennessee. Other than that - damn little. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit: There IS a difference in taste. I'm not at all a fan of whiskey. On a flight once, I ordered bourbon on the rocks. The FA brought me Jack Daniels. I politley told her I asked for bourbon, and not whiskey. She said in a somewhat snotty attitude that they're both brown - all the same. I told her they guy next to me ordered gin - you didn't bring him vodka did you - I mean they're both clear - all the same. She went and got me bourbon. Thank goodness it was a short flight - I wasn't her favorite passenger at that point..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The differenece is that TN Whiskey is filtered through charcoal just before being put in the barrel for aging. The smell in the room where they do this at the JD distillery is pure heaven.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 30 Apr 09, 13:10Post
A friend of the family went to Lynchburg, Tennessee. He manages some liquor stores in the Bellevue, WA area, so he got a free trip. While he was there, they were letting people take a wiff inside one of the kettles. He stuck his head in, breathed in...

I think to this day he still doesn't have any nose hair...
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
xwizard (Founding Member) 23 Jan 10, 00:08Post
[Sorry for the bump]

Did a bit of research (on an aviation website?!?!?) on suggested Whiskeys as I am by no means an expert (more of a rum man myself) and ended up taking a bottle of Laphroaig to last night's Burn's Night Supper

It went down a treat with all on my table

Thanks to one and all for the recommendation {thumbsup}
Lovin' the smell of avgas in the morning....
Airfoilsguy (Founding Member) 23 Jan 10, 00:25Post
captoveur 23 Jan 10, 01:51Post
Actually, I have recently evolved past makers mark.

Basil Haydens is a good whenever bourbon... For special occasions, Bookers.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 23 Jan 10, 18:55Post
I look like I was sneezing there {crazy}

It's all Ted (bhmbaglock)'s fault - he introduced me to the evil stuff!
A million great ideas...