You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : The Finer Things

Roombas, etc.

A forum about lifestyle: toys, gadgets, fine food, drinks and smokes.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 16 Mar 21, 16:34Post
Meanwhile, at ANCFlyer's house:

{laugh} {laugh} {laugh} {laugh} {laugh} {laugh} {laugh} {laugh} {laugh} {laugh} {laugh} {laugh}

I don't have a Roomba, but I do have a Chihuahua . . . .
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 16 Mar 21, 20:00Post
I have one and think it's pretty neat - but the cats disagree. And because of the cats I also won't put it on timer/set it remotely just in case it finds something that would be better off in the litter tray. Which does mean it loses a lot of the benefit.

Mine is also pure 'bounce' so regularly manages to negotiate into the space between my office chair and the wall, before becoming incapable of navigating itself back out again.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 16 Mar 21, 20:46Post
I wonder if they make these in extra-small? (The name would be even more appropriate!)

I tend to throw the office chair onto the sofa before I set mine loose. It's made me less of a slob, because I'm sick of rescuing it after it's eaten something it shouldn't have. My favourite was the bungee paddle leash from my kayak; it knew something wasn't right, but didn't fully understand why it was going round in circles!

One day I'll get bored enough, and comfortable enough, with it that I'll let it run when I'm not here. (If I don't crap on the floor here, nothing else will either.) Trying not to give the thing a name in the meantime; it seems like almost everyone I know with one has!
bhmbaglock 18 Mar 21, 13:16Post
Great for controlling level of dog hair day to day but do require more maintenance than you might expect. They're also pretty good at some poltergeist like furniture rearranging.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 18 Mar 21, 14:09Post
I think ANCFlyer hit Edit instead of Quote :))