You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : The Finer Things

Veterans Day

A forum about lifestyle: toys, gadgets, fine food, drinks and smokes.

ORFflyer (Founding Member) 10 Nov 16, 11:37Post
Tomorrow is Veterans Day and I might not be online, so I want to say now Thank You to all the Veterans that served our country - especially the NAS veterans. {check}
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 10 Nov 16, 13:12Post
{thumbsup}

All gave some, some gave all.

And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Tom in NO 10 Nov 16, 22:22Post
{thumbsup} {thumbsup} {thumbsup} Thanks to all our veterans for serving our country so well and so honorably!!! {thumbsup} {thumbsup} {thumbsup}
"Tramps like us"-Bruce Springsteen
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 11 Nov 16, 00:24Post
ANCFlyer wrote:I'll support that. :))

Best job I ever had.
Twenty Five years.

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 12 Nov 16, 04:34Post
Happy Veteran's Day to all those who have served (and are serving)!

Watched a touching story about a WWII vet that was reunited with the aircraft he flew in the war:
He flew the P-38 Lockheed Lightening in combat. The Germans called the P-38 the fork tailed devil, “It was a real godsend. From a pilot’s standpoint it was great.”

So there it was, in the museum, a P-38 just like the one Royal flew in combat.

But then, something very special happened. Against all odds Royal realized that he was once again reunited with the very plane he flew.

The original tail markings, white 33, were the ones he used. This was his plane, “It was quite a thrill.”

White 33 has since been fully restored and fit to fly and once again took to the blue. But this time Frank Royal was in a chase plane, “They won’t let me fly this one, for some reason,” Royal laughed.

Man and machine, together once again, on one last mission.

http://kdvr.com/2016/11/11/wwii-pilot-r ... n-the-war/
Make Orwell fiction again.
Gunships 13 Nov 16, 01:48Post

Retired a dozen or so years ago from the USAF.

Thanks to everyone currently serving.