You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : Sports

Washington Redskins temporarily renamed

MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, Bundesliga, Premier League, UEFA CL, Formula One, NASCAR...

halls120 (Plank Owner) 31 Jul 20, 12:31Post
I think they should call themselves the Washington Richards, in honor of all the Dicks that populate DC. ;)
At home in the PNW and loving it
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Aug 20, 20:21Post
miamiair wrote:All US army aircraft are named after native tribes...

People need to grow a thicker skin.

Which tribe are the redskins?
A million great ideas...
Fumanchewd 05 Aug 20, 04:14Post
I think in retribution to all white people (who are all racist as we know because Twitter told us so), we should name the new team....
The Kaepernick Karens.

Yes, I'll just come out and say it, I think we should rename our capital from that racist slave owner Washington to that brave brave millionaire Nike spokesman Colin Kaepernick. Then we should let white people know how it feels to have a team named after racist generalizations of your people so we will call them the Karens. (nevermind that no white people care about the Fighting Irish, that's not racist because you can't be racist against white people.) ;) ;) {boxed} {boxed}

In all seriousness, we do know that the term was used by natives themselves for natives who were scalpers (no not the ones who sell NFL tickets). We know that several tribes have school mascots called the Redskins. We know that native leaders in the past have called other natives Redskins. And we know from multiple polls that a vast majority of natives aren't offended by the team name Redskins. Most natives have far far more important things to worry about than some BS that make the pale face liberals upset beyond recognition.

I know a lot of natives (many actually prefer the term Indian). I have spent a bit of time on the White River Apache rez. I have spent some time on various Navajo rez's. I know many Chippewa as well. My cellie in prison was Pima (I liken them to Hobbits, not in a derogatory way but in the friendly liking to eat and drink kind of way). We have lots of tribes and natives in Arizona. Its all anecdotal I know, but the fact remains that most natives don't give a rats ass about it, and like was mentioned, some loved the Redskins logo and team.

Polls from just 4 years ago had found that 90% of natives didn't care.... https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wa ... skins-name

White liberals and the media are more outraged by the team name than the natives are.

The Redskins had a real cool logo (along with the Blackhawks)and I know quite a few natives that will miss wearing it with pride.
"Give us a kiss, big tits."