You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : Sports

NFL 2017-2018 - Week 3

MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, Bundesliga, Premier League, UEFA CL, Formula One, NASCAR...

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 19 Sep 17, 10:17Post
Week 3
LAX (Rams) @ SFO
BWI @ JAX
CLE @ IND
EWR @ PHL
MIA @ LGA
DEN @ BUF
MSY @ CLT
PIT @ ORD
ATL @ DTW
TPA @ MSP
IAH @ BOS
SEA @ BNA
CVG @ GRB
MCI @ LGB (Chargers)
OAK @ DCA
DFW @ PHX

No Byes
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 19 Sep 17, 11:14Post
LAX (Rams) @ SFO
BWI @ JAX
CLE @ IND
EWR @ PHL
MIA @ LGA
DEN @ BUF
MSY @ CLT
PIT @ ORD
ATL @ DTW
TPA @ MSP
IAH @ BOS
SEA @ BNA
CVG @ GRB
MCI @ LGB (Chargers)
OAK @ DCA
DFW @ PHX
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 19 Sep 17, 11:33Post
LAX @ SFO
BWI @ JAX
CLE @ IND
EWR @ PHL
MIA @ LGA
DEN @ BUF
MSY @ CLT
PIT @ ORD
ATL @ DTW
TPA @ MSP
IAH @ BOS
SEA @ BNA
CVG @ GRB
MCI@ LGB
OAK@ DCA
DFW@ PHX
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 19 Sep 17, 12:20Post
LAX (Rams) @ SFO
BWI @ JAX
CLE @ IND
EWR @ PHL
MIA @ LGA
DEN @ BUF
MSY @ CLT
PIT @ ORD
ATL @ DTW
TPA @ MSP
IAH @ BOS
SEA @ BNA
CVG @ GRB
MCI @ LGB (Chargers)
OAK @ DCA
DFW @ PHX
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Boris (Founding Member) 19 Sep 17, 13:02Post
LAX (Rams) @ SFO
BWI @ JAX
CLE @ IND
EWR @ PHL
MIA @ LGA
DEN @ BUF
MSY @ CLT
PIT @ ORD
ATL @ DTW
TPA @ MSP
IAH @ BOS
SEA @ BNA
CVG @ GRB
MCI @ LGB (Chargers)
OAK @ DCA
DFW @ PHX
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers...
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 19 Sep 17, 16:03Post
Week 3
LAX (Rams) @ SFO
BWI @ JAX
CLE @ IND
EWR @ PHL
MIA @ LGA
DEN @ BUF
MSY @ CLT
PIT @ ORD
ATL @ DTW
TPA @ MSP
IAH @ BOS
SEA @ BNA
CVG @ GRB
MCI @ LGB (Chargers)
OAK @ DCA
DFW @ PHX
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
Mark 19 Sep 17, 20:17Post
LAX (Rams) @ SFO
BWI @ JAX
CLE @ IND
EWR @ PHL
MIA @ LGA
DEN @ BUF
MSY @ CLT
PIT @ ORD
ATL @ DTW
TPA @ MSP
IAH @ BOS
SEA @ BNA
CVG @ GRB
MCI @ LGB (Chargers)
OAK @ DCA
DFW @ PHX
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Sep 17, 03:49Post
I gotta pass . . . I'll be at sea. Dagnabit.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
halls120 (Plank Owner) 21 Sep 17, 00:24Post
LAX (Rams) @ SFO
BWI @ JAX
CLE @ IND
EWR @PHL
MIA @ LGA
DEN @ BUF
MSY @ CLT
PIT @ ORD
ATL @ DTW
TPA @ MSP
IAH @ BOS
SEA @ BNA
CVG @ GRB
MCI @ LGB (Chargers)
OAK @ DCA
DFW @ PHX
At home in the PNW and loving it
Tom in NO 21 Sep 17, 23:40Post
LAX (Rams) @ SFO

Rest tomorrow.
"Tramps like us"-Bruce Springsteen
Tom in NO 22 Sep 17, 14:29Post
Tom in NO wrote:LAX (Rams) @ SFO

Rest tomorrow.

BWI @ JAX
CLE @ IND Must miss game of the week.
EWR @ PHL
MIA @ LGA
DEN @ BUF
MSY @ CLT
PIT @ ORD
ATL @ DTW
TPA @ MSP
IAH @ BOS
SEA @ BNA
CVG @ GRB
MCI @ LGB (Chargers)
OAK @ DCA
DFW @ PHX
"Tramps like us"-Bruce Springsteen
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Sep 17, 15:46Post
I'm out of the pool gentlemen.

I can't be bothered to pay attention to the NFL any longer.

POS Millionaires that can't be bothered to show respect for their country and their National Ensign can F*ck off.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
halls120 (Plank Owner) 24 Sep 17, 15:52Post
WTF - Jacksonville is crushing the Ravens 44-0 in the 4th quarter? Who abducted the real Ravens????
halls120 (Plank Owner) 24 Sep 17, 15:56Post
ANCFlyer wrote:I'm out of the pool gentlemen.

POS Millionaires that can't be bothered to show respect for their country and their National Ensign can F*ck off.

There was an article in the WaPost the other day about how college football is now fielding a better product than the NFL. Attendance and TV ratings are up in the college ranks, while in the NFL, they are struggling. As one coach says, "in college, coaches play to win. in the NFL, coaches play not to lose."

When you combine the above with the danger the game poses to the physical health of the players, and the game turning into a forum for political protests, I can see a future in my lifetime where the NFL is no longer America's most popular sport.

I spend more time watching college football than the NFL. I don't think I'm alone.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Sep 17, 17:36Post
halls120 wrote:. . . . I spend more time watching college football than the NFL. I don't think I'm alone.

As do we.

Roll Tide
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Mark 25 Sep 17, 04:55Post
If the coaches, owners, and NFL had any balls, they would require players, who are employees on the clock during a game, to stand for the National Anthem. Any player who refuses can be shown the door.

It's no different than when a BLM Subway employee refuses to serve a cop. If the store policy is to allow and serve cops, the employee that chooses to go rogue is shown the door.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ORFflyer (Founding Member) 25 Sep 17, 12:27Post
ANCFlyer wrote:I'm out of the pool gentlemen.

{check} I dropped out last year when Clapperdick started this shit. Now, it's worse than ever. I'm a Redskins fan, but Jerry Jones is my favorite person in the NFL right now. He told everyone in his employment that the fastest way to become a former Dallas Cowboy is to sit down during the National Anthem. Said he'd fire them on the spot, and didn't care who it was.

And Roger Goodell can go fornicate himself.
Rack-em'. I'm getting a beer.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 25 Sep 17, 12:41Post
Gents, I have thrown in the towel. If someone wants to carry on, I will be happy to email the standings sheet. But right now, I want nothing to do with the NFL.

I am now a Jerry Jones Fan. Mike Tomlin is a sack of crap. At least one Steeler stood for what was right:

All the media gave Tim Tebow shit for kneeling, now they encourage it to stir the shit. I stand for my flag and kneel to my God.
Boris (Founding Member) 25 Sep 17, 14:35Post
I'm with you Victor.

Honestly, I haven't watched the NFL for years, but I played this pickem game just because it's fun with friends. But enough is enough.

I'll keep on watching my Florida Gators and the NHL. Screw the NFL. It's very easy to ignore it.
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers...
DAL764 25 Sep 17, 20:13Post
Good to see that I don't need access to the Politics forum to see whether anybody on here has changed his opinions on the orange dotard, it's still the same ol' same ol'.

But hey, thanks for giving this 'dying sport' a ratings increase:
https://shareblue.com/trumps-failed-boy ... ven-years/
"I mean, we're in a galaxy far, far away, and we still have to change in Atlanta" (Stewie Griffin as Darth Vader)
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 25 Sep 17, 21:06Post
Identity politik is unbecoming, and frankly, is pure BS manufactured when someone doesn't have anything else to argue about.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Sep 17, 22:15Post
DAL764 wrote:Good to see that I don't need access to the Politics forum to see whether anybody on here has changed his opinions on the orange dotard, it's still the same ol' same ol'.

Opinions vary, some are discounted. Opinions noted, discounted
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 26 Sep 17, 01:24Post
Haven't watched the NFL much at all for years. Have family that's from Alabama and another who went to Clemson, so I'm set there, plus I'm a Big-10 fan and it's good to see the conference pick up the play. Breitbart showed a drop in the audience for Sunday night, but, eh, it's Breitbart. We'll see how the NFL goes from here. Goodell hasn't been much of a commissioner (especially w/the Ray Rice mess), CTE will keep bringing the bad spotlight and now this.

Wonder how LeBron and Curry and the league will fare with this as the NBA gets rolling.
Fumanchewd 26 Sep 17, 04:18Post
Its been over a year for me. The last game I went to was as an NFL Films camera assistant at Cardinals Vs. SF in 2015.

The last game I watched was a few games after but I officially threw in the towel about a year ago. Not one dime not one more minute of my life wasted....

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=22803
"Give us a kiss, big tits."
Fumanchewd 26 Sep 17, 04:26Post
DAL764 wrote:Good to see that I don't need access to the Politics forum to see whether anybody on here has changed his opinions on the orange dotard, it's still the same ol' same ol'.

I felt this way before Trump was President and even posted that I was quitting the NFL. Why are you so obsessed with the man? Is it sexual?
"Give us a kiss, big tits."