You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : General Photography

Google Nik Collection - Now Free

Non-aviation photos, camera equipment and photography in general.

mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 31 Mar 16, 09:46Post
Not sure how useful it is for aviation photography, but it has plenty of nice filters and tools for general photography and I'll be giving some of the tools a go next time I venture to an airport with my camera!

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 31 Mar 16, 10:57Post
Nice {thumbsup}

Beats the hell out of Picasa's rubbish tools.
A million great ideas...
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 31 Mar 16, 12:43Post

I am playing around with it. I like some of the results...
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 31 Mar 16, 13:36Post
Nik's tools are really cool.

I worked in the same office building as Nik Software a few years ago, and thus got the opportunity to test their stuff. Really liked HDR Efex and Silver Efex. The Sharperner tool is nice as well, though I don't find the results much better than Photoshop's.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 02 Apr 16, 22:34Post
Used Color Efex on these 2:

Mainly worked the contrast on this one. Taken on the rainy ramp tour last week. The light conditions were challenging to say the least, but "Contrast Only" gets surprisingly many details out of the shot.

I played with "Details Extractor" on this one, to enhance the reflections on the fuselage. Downside is, the background gets quite strong as well. I could avoid that using control points, but did not have the patience to do it. :)
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 07 Apr 16, 21:37Post
4 shots, taken by 4 photographers within a split second.

Guess which one has been processed with Nik filters :))