You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : General Photography

Adobe cloud hacked, personal data taken

Non-aviation photos, camera equipment and photography in general.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 05 Nov 13, 18:00Post
Back in May, we talked about Adobe Creative Cloud. This is probably old news if you use it (at least I hope it is), but for the rest of us:

2.9 million customers' information has been stolen. Passwords are safe, though, because a big company like Adobe would naturally follow best practice and store a one-way hash rather than merely encrypting the password. Or not.

the company discovered that attackers had accessed Adobe customer IDs, as well as encrypted passwords. In addition to IDs and passwords, Adobe Chief Security Officer, Brad Arkin, said that the attackers also accessed customer names, encrypted credit and debit card numbers, expiration dates and "other information."

And the hits just keep on comin':

Adobe also admitted that source code was breached during the incident, sparking fears that criminals who have accessed the information may have used it to develop new attacks.

Yay.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 05 Nov 13, 19:08Post
They need to do the right thing and fall on their sword, shut it down and stop offering that product until/unless it is completely rebuilt.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
BCA 07 Nov 13, 16:02Post
Hahaha.. love it.