You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

Happy Birthday HT-ETNW

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

airtrainer 02 Aug 23, 21:17Post
Happy Birthday Holger, hope you had a great day and are doing well !
New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air
HT-ETNW 03 Aug 23, 22:19Post
Thanks Jeff.

Life has been challenging for me the last 9 months or so, and very different after my mum passed away in January this year. She died at our home a month after having turned 87 and after she had decided for herself that life no longer was worth living due to several health problems attributed to age - a decision my sister and me respected back then, and still do.

I reflection, this situation has been and still is much different from the situation after my dad`s death roughly a decade ago: Back then, life "minus one" just went on for me. Only now I realise and understand how big the loss must have been for my mum back then, even though she kept all her grief inside her then.

Looking forward,
-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 04 Aug 23, 10:08Post
Happy Belated Birthday!
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
airtrainer 05 Aug 23, 21:48Post
HT-ETNW wrote:Thanks Jeff.

Life has been challenging for me the last 9 months or so, and very different after my mum passed away in January this year. She died at our home a month after having turned 87 and after she had decided for herself that life no longer was worth living due to several health problems attributed to age - a decision my sister and me respected back then, and still do.

I reflection, this situation has been and still is much different from the situation after my dad`s death roughly a decade ago: Back then, life "minus one" just went on for me. Only now I realise and understand how big the loss must have been for my mum back then, even though she kept all her grief inside her then.

Looking forward,
-HT

Sadly I think I understand what you mean, life went on when my Dad passed away but it will surely be a different story if my Mom go :( Take care my friend.
New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 Aug 23, 11:25Post
A very belated happy birthday Holger!

HT-ETNW wrote:Life has been challenging for me the last 9 months or so

Sorry to read this Holger. At least your mother had your caring and love to the end.
A million great ideas...
HT-ETNW 20 Aug 23, 21:06Post
Thanks guys for your kind and warmhearted words.
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Mark 24 Aug 23, 20:31Post
Happy belated birthday!
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175