You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

Feb 19-22 / 2021 LAX Meetup

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

tangoscar 17 Feb 21, 16:43Post
airtrainer wrote:
JLAmber wrote:A shame but inevitable under the circumstances. When this is all over meets will be popular!

I have some doubts about that. When the lockdown started last year I was expecting an increase in activity on the forums but the complete opposite occurred. If there's no participation on here I don't see how we could encourage people to travel for a real meet. That said I'm usually not good at predictions so I hope I'm wrong...

I guess most people in the locked down areas/countries are just too frustrated with the situation and just have - hopefully only temporarily - lost interest ... kind of like "Can't go there anyway, why should I even bother looking into it". Probably there will be some who aren't willing to travel until they have been vaccinated, but I'd say a lot of the people can be encouraged once the lockdowns have been lifted ...

I mean, LAX just didn't work out because of Cali shutting down. For instance, if MIA had been set as the place to meet, most of the US based folks could have made it there - obviously supported by the fact, that things in terms of traveling remained stable, which at the time of making the pick wasn't predictable at all either way.

This being said, once things become more predictable and planning becomes more stable interest should pick up again.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 18 Feb 21, 08:31Post
There is a difference, Florida is open. California, is not. Our Covid cases and deaths are on a parabolic decline. As more people get vaccinated, the bug doesn't get transmitted as much. You can go out to MIA, to El Dorado on any given day, and people are out there. People are taking the social distancing to heart as well as masks, most of the times. Things are getting better.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Yokes 18 Feb 21, 09:34Post
I´m in a dire need to travel again. But for us europeans it not possible to go the US at the moment. Its even difficult to go to any other european country. I didnt upload much the last time because I wasnt able to go anywhere and the airports nearby are really quite during the pandemic. So, after this all is over, I hope I can do some nice trips and meets again.
md88dawg 19 Feb 21, 03:26Post
I'm looking forward to the next meet, whenever things work out in the near future and hopefully by FLAP22. I've not been as active on the site and forums, but I'll be very glad to reunite with fellow photographers when we have a meet again. I sure miss the eating out and camaraderie in between photo sessions. It's made me realize how much I take for granted, and I'll cherish trips and opportunities that much more!