You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

Feb 19-22 / 2021 LAX Meetup

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

NCoats737 21 Oct 20, 16:36Post
This message is intended for everyone on the forum.

Good Morning all,

Given the circumstance of the current worldwide pandemic I’m sure a lot of trips for everyone got cancelled in 2020. That being said as 2020 comes to a close, more and more safety measures are constantly being put in place as well as travel is starting to come back within the US Domestic and International markets.

This being said to those who want to travel, take photos, or grab a few drinks and enjoy airplanes are more than welcome to join in LAX, February 19-22. Social distance is each individual’s responsibility to follow local regulations at the time.

I hope to see a few out there, if you so choose to do so, if not, maybe later in the year.

Take care and hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
Beat it to fit, paint it to match.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 21 Oct 20, 16:53Post
Got a seat held a room reserved.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
nickwst 21 Oct 20, 16:58Post
I’m looking at flights now and working out the logistics.
NCoats737 21 Oct 20, 16:59Post
Flight is booked, I’ll arrive the night of the 18th and leave the night of the 22nd.
airtrainer 21 Oct 20, 21:40Post
Fingers crossed, but that's something us Europeans can't plan for the moment {tired}
Grounded...
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 22 Oct 20, 14:13Post
I'm down for it, but pandemic or not I can't make any plans beyond the end of the year. At work we'll be bidding for our 2021 shifts/teams in a couple of weeks and time off during January and February is usually hard to come by and typically requires Command Staff approval.

As luck would have it, we found out last night our entire Command Staff is changing effective November 1st.

I gotta use that money at United sometime so I'll keep this in mind. Had a lot of fun last year.
Make Orwell fiction again.
inesbit 25 Oct 20, 20:35Post
greetings for all! I am going from Orlando, FL, got a seat held too and hotel reserved (19 to 21), just want to know if any of you have a rental car reservation, in order to share one. :))
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 26 Oct 20, 09:18Post
I have space for two more. I have an SUV reserved.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 26 Oct 20, 09:55Post
I have space for two more. I have an SUV reserved.
Yokes 26 Oct 20, 18:17Post
Definitely interested, but as Jeff said, hard to plan anything at the moment. Hoping for the situation to improve, then I can make any new plans.
TheJetlagJunkie 26 Oct 20, 21:29Post
I’ll be there. Don’t if I’ll drive or fly yet, but I’ll get my hotel booked tonight
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 27 Oct 20, 09:33Post
Several people have already booked at the Embassy Suites - LAX South.

For those looking for more economical lodging, there is this:

Travelodge LAX South

Real close to the Embassy Suites.

One caveat, I do not know what the situation is with what establishments are open or what the requirements are, but working on it.
Mark 29 Oct 20, 17:37Post
miamiair wrote:
Travelodge LAX South

ShyFlyer, Ed, and I stayed there in November 2019. It was OK as a flophouse (i.e., a bed and a bathroom) for the price. Its shuttle van to and from LAX sucked, however. It didn't run on a regular schedule; I had to call them to get them to come to pick me up at the airport and they took their sweet-assed time getting there. Thank God that Ed rented a car. Simply put, I'll never stay there again.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 29 Oct 20, 19:30Post
Mark wrote:Simply put, I'll never stay there again.

That place was a plague pit even before Covid.

Seemingly the only time the shuttle bus did run was in the middle of the bloody night, when its reverse warning would wake me up every hour.

Avoid!
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 01 Nov 20, 03:48Post
Would I stay there again? Nah, mostly because of the shuttle service, or lack there of. I spend most of my time in jail, though, so my standards aren't the highest.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Nov 20, 19:03Post
ShyFlyer wrote:Would I stay there again? Nah, mostly because of the shuttle service, or lack there of. I spend most of my time in jail, though, so my standards aren't the highest.

Shy I literally choked reading that line. {laugh}
md88dawg 04 Nov 20, 00:42Post
The Proud Bird is still closed off (parking lot is locked up). The sign is advertising (private party) bookings for 2021 and 2022, so hopefully the closure is just temporary. Most restaurants are operating that I could tell, with either drive-thru only or carry-out. The seated dining is outdoors on patios, which was quite nice. Hopefully cases will settle down by February. It would be great to meet up. The domestic traffic was quite slow, but the international variety was actually quite decent. Many duplicates as well for cargo movement--there were at least 5 Air China flights in today, which boosts the chances of specials coming in on a short trip.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 11 Jan 21, 10:13Post
Based on the current conditions in CA, this should be postponed/cancelled. California is closed.

Hotels and lodgings in a county under a Regional Stay Home Order cannot accept or honor reservations for non-essential travel.

Essential travel is travel associated with the operation, maintenance, or usage of critical infrastructure or otherwise required or expressly authorized by law (including other applicable state and local public health directives), including:

Critical infrastructure (like the water supply or power grid)
    Economic services (like banking)
    Supply chains (like food distribution)
    Health care and immediate medical care
    Safety and security

California Health
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 11 Jan 21, 14:50Post
COVID or no, I think the current unrest in Washington is reason enough to cancel.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 11 Jan 21, 15:53Post
All cancelled...
md88dawg 13 Jan 21, 02:17Post
I've shared this with a friend who was going that isn't active on NAS. Perhaps this could be shared on FB as well? Hopefully we can try again for better times.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 13 Jan 21, 19:37Post
md88dawg wrote:I've shared this with a friend who was going that isn't active on NAS. Perhaps this could be shared on FB as well? Hopefully we can try again for better times.

Posted on the FLAP page.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 Jan 21, 18:11Post
A shame but inevitable under the circumstances. When this is all over meets will be popular!
A million great ideas...
NCoats737 17 Feb 21, 03:22Post
JLAmber wrote:A shame but inevitable under the circumstances. When this is all over meets will be popular!

No kidding. As much as i like my house... I need to get out! Seriously looking forward to a good vacation sometime in the future.
airtrainer 17 Feb 21, 15:12Post
JLAmber wrote:A shame but inevitable under the circumstances. When this is all over meets will be popular!

I have some doubts about that. When the lockdown started last year I was expecting an increase in activity on the forums but the complete opposite occurred. If there's no participation on here I don't see how we could encourage people to travel for a real meet. That said I'm usually not good at predictions so I hope I'm wrong...
Grounded...