You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

TXL-farewell flights 07-NOV-2020

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

HT-ETNW 14 Sep 20, 20:36Post
Reputated Airevents.de is offering three farewell flights on the (finally) final day of operations at TXL. Flights in the evenings (= after sunset, i.e. no good views) are routing:
BER - TXL
TXL - TXL
TXL - BER

Details can be found on (but switch to German language to find much more details):
https://airevents.de/en/produkt/goodbye ... mber-2020/

Not sure if any NAS-member still has any monies at Airevents originating from the originally offered Farewell flights scheduled for 2-JUN-2012.
Image from that day with no TXL-closure:

-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
airtrainer 16 Sep 20, 04:08Post
HT-ETNW wrote:Not sure if any NAS-member still has any monies at Airevents originating from the originally offered Farewell flights scheduled for 2-JUN-2012.

I asked for a refund a few weeks later, can't believe it was 8 years ago already !
Is anyone planning to go ?
New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 Sep 20, 11:41Post
This thread is awesome!!! I also can't believe it's been so long.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Sep 20, 20:29Post
HT-ETNW wrote:Image from that day with no TXL-closure

Always makes me laugh :))

The timing of the eventual opening of BER is incredibly opportune in that it won't be immediately over capacity as previously forecast, almost entirely due to the current downturn.
A million great ideas...
HT-ETNW 18 Sep 20, 21:36Post
Above mentioned flights appear to be sold out except for some last seats on the TXL-TXL-flight.
After all, none of the flight times was appealing to me, with flights in the dark and with cloud cover to be suspected. So I will look into other options to sample the BER-experience, probably arriving by train and departing by plane.
-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.