You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

Trips Planned for 2021

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

FlySwiss 12 Aug 20, 07:25Post
It is never too early...

We hope we can travel again lightharted in 2021 with no tarvel restrictions as before COVID19.

Let's finger cross that COVID19 will be over soon and stay healthy

My first booking for 2021

January

ZRH-FRA LX/LH
FRA-NRT JL
NRT-FRA JL
FRA-ZRH LX/LH
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 07 Jan 21, 16:40Post
The usual HEL-OUL-HEL in a couple of weeks. ATR down, E190 back.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
airtrainer 07 Jan 21, 17:09Post
Nothing for now, and I think my flight basket will remain empty for a few months again.
Grounded...
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 07 Jan 21, 17:47Post
Same. Hoping to make a Grand Prix but I suspect if I do it will be one of the European ones and I may end up getting the train.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
tangoscar 07 Jan 21, 18:19Post
Happy New Year and crossing my fingers for everyone, especially the folks in Europe, that you'll be able to fill this thread soon again! Stumbled across a post on LinkedIn the other day, which said something along the lines of "Once this is over, book air fares, like you bought toilet paper!" ...

Since encountering less draconic travel restrictions here in the US, this is my first contribution to support the aviation industry (so my job as well) this year:

February

BDL-FLL NKS
MIA-DFW FFT
DFW-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS

BDL-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS

My first time flying Spirit and Frontier and hoping to finally fly with an A320neo ...
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 08 Jan 21, 10:50Post
Booked/ticketed on AS ORD-SEA-ANC/ANC-PDX-ORD in March. Necessary business trip. No desire to fly through either SEA or PDX, but no one does a non-stop from ORD-ANC until tourist trap season starts in May.

Planning ORD-MCO in June . . .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
tangoscar 11 Jan 21, 14:16Post
tangoscar wrote:Happy New Year and crossing my fingers for everyone, especially the folks in Europe, that you'll be able to fill this thread soon again! Stumbled across a post on LinkedIn the other day, which said something along the lines of "Once this is over, book air fares, like you bought toilet paper!" ...

Since encountering less draconic travel restrictions here in the US, this is my first contribution to support the aviation industry (so my job as well) this year:

February

BDL-FLL NKS
MIA-DFW FFT
DFW-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS

BDL-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS

My first time flying Spirit and Frontier and hoping to finally fly with an A320neo ...

Either I jinxed it or Spirit is playing games {boggled} :

February

BDL-FLL NKS JBU
MIA-DFW FFT
DFW-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS JBU

BDL-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS

This is the 3rd and 4th time in a row now they cancelled the BDL-FLL / FLL-BDL flights {grumpy}, my travel credit bank begins to turn into a savings account {sarcastic}
tangoscar 17 Feb 21, 16:52Post
tangoscar wrote:
tangoscar wrote:Happy New Year and crossing my fingers for everyone, especially the folks in Europe, that you'll be able to fill this thread soon again! Stumbled across a post on LinkedIn the other day, which said something along the lines of "Once this is over, book air fares, like you bought toilet paper!" ...

February

BDL-FLL NKS
MIA-DFW FFT
DFW-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS

BDL-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS

Either I jinxed it or Spirit is playing games {boggled} :

February

BDL-FLL NKS JBU
MIA-DFW FFT
DFW-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS JBU

BDL-FLL NKS
FLL-BDL NKS

This is the 3rd and 4th time in a row now they cancelled the BDL-FLL / FLL-BDL flights {grumpy}, my travel credit bank begins to turn into a savings account {sarcastic}

Little side trip added to see my family in the TPA-SRQ area:

February

BDL-FLL JBU (A320)
MIA-DFW FFT (A320N)
DFW-FLL NKS (A320N)
FLL-TPA SIL (ATR42)
FLL-BDL JBU (A320)

First time flying Silver and first time flying on an ATR ...
FlySwiss 23 Feb 21, 10:40Post
As Japan is not open for tourist I had to postpone my NRT. But I started the flying season for 2021.

February

ZRH-FRA LH A321N D-AIEF
FRA-MLE DE B763 D-ABUT
MLE-FRA DE B763 D-ABUT
FRA-ZRH LX A221 HB-JBC

I booked I handful flights for 2021 but not sure if I am able to fly all of it.
NCoats737 23 Feb 21, 14:16Post
Unfortunately other than a few business trips my 2021 plans all got cancelled, will have to see how this year shakes out, may make a Summer Red Flag run but that's about it, no solid plans at this time.
Beat it to fit, paint it to match.
Mark 23 Feb 21, 16:17Post
I think I'll be making at least two trips.

One will be a nonstop roundtrip between MSP and AUS to visit my sister and her family. I don't know when it'll happen. We're all pretty flexible with my travel and stay dates. It mainly depends on the airfare price from DL. If there's an airfare sale, I'm going. I know I will NOT fly WN.

My sister is a playful thing. She suggested that when her husband gets tied down working at home on a big project, which is inevitable, she and I will pick a "random" city to fly to. SFO was suggested. She will fly from AUS to SFO and I'll fly MSP to SFO and we'll meet up somewhere... like in the airport or at a hotel.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 23 Feb 21, 17:09Post
I have credit at both WN and UA for cancelled trips last year. Currently no plans as of yet, but I will have to do something with both this year.
Make Orwell fiction again.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 02 Mar 21, 17:57Post
My 10 year old has gotten the bug. Wants to fly on a Mad Dog or the next best thing: B717. So before they go away, we're doing a day trip to Pittsburgh.

FLL-ATL B752
ATL-PIT B712
PIT-ATL B712
ATL-FLL B753
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 02 Mar 21, 18:47Post
I have something like 18 segments planned in the next 2 months and to be frank, with the current state of things, I'm not really excited for any of them.
DXing 02 Mar 21, 19:25Post
I'm looking at
CLE-EWR-SAV
and back in the next month or so. We are priced out of the Florida real estate market but Georgia and South Carolina are still in range. After that, assuming I have been vaccinated, which might happen in the next couple of weeks, I may be looking at..

CLE-EWR-EDI and back or ....
CLE-EWR-LHR in June assuming the UK has opened up and I can arrive and visit without having to quarantine or buy expensive covid tests.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Mar 21, 12:07Post
ShyFlyer wrote:I have credit at both WN and UA for cancelled trips last year. Currently no plans as of yet, but I will have to do something with both this year.

I'm still holding an ORD-ANC/ANC-ORD ticket from last March . . . .good until 12/31/21 on AA. I'll use that for ORD-MCO/MCO-ORD later this year . . . although I'll lose $$$$ since the ANC tix is F and it doesn't cost so much in F to go to MCO . . . .

On another note, AS is now doing mileage partnership with AA once again, given AS is about to get into OneWorld . . . so the upcoming ORD-SEA-ANC/ANC-PDX-ORD trip coming this weekend will credit my AA account rather than a fairly dormant AS account.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Mark 05 Mar 21, 12:15Post
MSP-AUS on March 31 on a lousy DL E175... the version with all of the windows misaligned with the seat rows except first class. Return on Apr 9 on the same damned aircraft. They better have IFE on those damned puddle jumpers.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
PA110 (Founding Member) 05 Mar 21, 18:20Post
Sadly no trips planned other than a mad dash to Kona for home inspection if (big if) I ever get an offer accepted. I've put in offers on 3 homes only to get blown out by crazy high outbidding.
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
Yokes 02 May 21, 07:24Post
Booked my first trip of the year. Finally some flying again....

MAY
FRA-BER LH A320N
BER-MUC LH A319
MUC-FRA LH A359
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 03 May 21, 06:38Post
OUL-HEL-OUL on Wednesday, ATR both ways.

And the week after that, my first business travel in 18 months... OUL-HEL-OUL, ATR both ways.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 03 May 21, 10:12Post
First biz trip since March of 20.
MIA-LIS
LIS-MIA
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
DXing 15 Jun 21, 11:14Post
DXing wrote: After that, assuming I have been vaccinated, which might happen in the next couple of weeks, I may be looking at..

CLE-EWR-EDI and back or ....
CLE-EWR-LHR in June assuming the UK has opened up and I can arrive and visit without having to quarantine or buy expensive covid tests.

(Reuters) - The British government has quietly extended coronavirus lockdown laws to give local councils in England the power to close pubs, restaurants, shops and public spaces until July 17, the Telegraph reported on Saturday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-lockdown-idUSKBN29S0PW

And just like that...poof, the trip has evaporated. We had been looking to fly over with an arrival on June 22nd but with this news, going to have to push back. Since the rest of the summer weeks are already taken by other employees in the department we'll be looking at November to see the Christmas decorations in Edinburgh. Perhaps by then UA will be flying there out of EWR.

One thing I did discover is that it is a whole lot cheaper to fly EWR/DUB/EDI than EWR/LHR/EDI. The same is true on the reverse as the departure tax out of Ireland is a whole lot less than direct out of the UK.

Holger, one of these days I am going to make good on my threat to show up in Germany!! {laugh} {laugh} {laugh}
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 15 Jun 21, 11:44Post
I've booked a weekend in Helsinki in August (for the Kaivopuisto airshow, which has already been postponed once), and I'm thinking that's as far as I'm likely to go this year.

Looked at Barcelona in November - because Finnish November is crap - but getting there seems to be rather too complicated to book at the moment.

Seems I can go to England and be free after three days with a negative test before and after, but Scotland (where my parents are) still needs 10 days' quarantine if I've been in an amber list country like Finland in the last two weeks. Or at least that's how I read the rules this week.
Yokes 22 Jun 21, 20:02Post
MAY:
FRA-BER LH A320N
BER-MUC LH A319
MUC-FRA LH A359

SEP:
FRA-KEF FI 763
KEF-FRA FI 738M
FlySwiss 19 Jul 21, 11:47Post
I made some new bookings for the near future

February

ZRH-FRA LH A321N D-AIEF
FRA-MLE DE B763 D-ABUT
MLE-FRA DE B763 D-ABUT
FRA-ZRH LX A221 HB-JBC

August

ZRH-VCE LX A221
VCE-ZRH LX A223

ZRH-MAD LX E-190 operated by 2L hopefully an E2
MAD-ZRH IB A332 (rumours says it would be an A359)