You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

Any Bets On A Baby Boom?

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

DXing 28 Mar 20, 16:53Post
Starting this November or December? With all the shelter in place orders out now, I am betting that come next November and certainly by December births will spike. Only so much binge watching TV a couple can do. And it won't just be confined to the United States. I'm betting that Italy and China will gain back all the lives lost to covid-19. What say you?
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 28 Mar 20, 17:15Post
I've been saying for a while now that if hospitals can't cope now, wait till you see the maternity wards at Christmas.

For us single guys, well, now you understand the rush on toilet paper.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
airtrainer 28 Mar 20, 17:16Post
This... or a peak of divorces for late spring :))
Grounded...
Mark 28 Mar 20, 20:59Post
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
vikkyvik 30 Mar 20, 15:48Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:For us single guys, well, now you understand the rush on toilet paper.

{rotfl}

Made me laugh out loud.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 30 Mar 20, 17:15Post
vikkyvik wrote:
ShanwickOceanic wrote:For us single guys, well, now you understand the rush on toilet paper.

{rotfl}

Made me laugh out loud.

I wonder if he misses Pissycat?
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 30 Mar 20, 17:29Post
GQfluffy wrote:I wonder if he misses Pissycat?

God no. Although actually, I pity the poor bastard.

Met the ex the other day, her hands were one continuous sheet of scratches from her knuckles half way to her elbows. I mean, there wasn't a patch of skin 5mm square without a claw mark through it. She was so desperate for attention that she'd been up at 4am tweaking the hateball's tail just to get someone or something to notice her. There's no love lost between me and Pissy-Cat, but that's not cool.

Dodged a bullet there. {boxed}
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 30 Mar 20, 21:19Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
GQfluffy wrote:I wonder if he misses Pissycat?

God no. Although actually, I pity the poor bastard.

Met the ex the other day, her hands were one continuous sheet of scratches from her knuckles half way to her elbows. I mean, there wasn't a patch of skin 5mm square without a claw mark through it. She was so desperate for attention that she'd been up at 4am tweaking the hateball's tail just to get someone or something to notice her. There's no love lost between me and Pissy-Cat, but that's not cool.

Dodged a bullet there. {boxed}

Oh dear. That lady needs to get away from negative influences and get some help.

Though there may be some unexpected arrivals, there are also a lot of young couples in the usual age category currently separated by isolation and geographical issues. In all likelihood a lot of teenagers are about to get baby siblings from their otherwise distracted parents. I also suspect 'Covid' is about to become quite popular as a middle name...
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 30 Mar 20, 22:08Post
JLAmber wrote:Oh dear. That lady needs to get away from negative influences and get some help.

Yes, but if she keeps isolating she's never going to give this to her mother {mischief}

JLAmber wrote:I also suspect 'Covid' is about to become quite popular as a middle name...

And a lot of girls called Corona.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 04 Apr 20, 22:33Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
JLAmber wrote:I also suspect 'Covid' is about to become quite popular as a middle name...

And a lot of girls called Corona.

Well, that didn't take long...

India newborn twins named Corona and Covid after virus

Parents wanted names to be 'memorable and unique' after boy and girl born during nationwide lockdown.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/ ... 16017.html
DXing 05 Apr 20, 13:44Post
India newborn twins named Corona and Covid after virus

Parents wanted names to be 'memorable and unique' after boy and girl born during nationwide lockdown.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/ ... 16017.html[/quote]

The names may be memorable to the family but as you say, I hardly doubt they will be unique. I'd be willing to go so far as to say that those two name may well lead the list of baby names in 2021.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 22 Apr 20, 18:57Post
airtrainer wrote:This... or a peak of divorces for late spring :))

Small numbers, but: https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/hels ... y/11318029

One-third more couples decided to permanently part ways in early April compared to the same period last year, according to data from the Helsinki District Court.

Altogether the court received 99 divorce petitions during the past two weeks compared to one year ago when 69 couples decided to split up for good.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 23 Apr 20, 01:29Post
Shame there is no statistic about how many parents are currently being forced to realize that little Timmy didn't struggle in school just because the teachers didn't challenge or support him enough. {mischief}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 23 Apr 20, 20:01Post
Zak wrote:Shame there is no statistic about how many parents are currently being forced to realize that little Timmy didn't struggle in school just because the teachers didn't challenge or support him enough. {mischief}

Quite the opposite. I can see a lot of teachers losing their jobs in the near future as governments realise just how little they actually do and how easy it is for supposedly unqualified parents to deliver a better standard of education with relative ease.
A million great ideas...
DXing 23 Apr 20, 22:27Post
Or how many kids attention span is quite normal and don't need tranquilizer drugs if they are just let out to burn off some energy every few hours.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Apr 20, 17:37Post
Not in this house, solved that problem 26 years ago.

If it happens, there's a dead mailman somewhere . . . . . and I probably did it.
:))
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
captoveur 12 May 20, 20:04Post
I am sure all the guys at other websites have their snowglobes ready.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.