You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

Member Update

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 28 Jan 20, 15:29Post
We have meets, why not a reunion or member update thread. It's been 10+ years - I'd kinda like to know how members past and current have come along. I know a few have passed (Dr. Kieron, I think Blue Lion and I know Vaporlock from the previous site) and others have drifted or been (in some cases perhaps well) forgotten and so forth.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 28 Jan 20, 16:02Post
I guess you started it.

Didn't know about Blue Lion.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 28 Jan 20, 16:28Post
miamiair wrote:Didn't know about Blue Lion.

Yeah, hope I'm wrong on that one, thought I heard that here (glad now I said "think" and not "know") - couldn't find anything through searches here.

Baroque was a name I just came across, that might've been several years ago now. But maybe there's a few members I think have passed that are sipping margaritas on a beach.{silly}

So, yeah I don't know. Plenty of inactives that have just moved on for the most part, I'd guess.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 28 Jan 20, 17:04Post
I am still around.

Would you like to know more?

My personality has gotten worse.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 28 Jan 20, 17:36Post
Lucas wrote:Would you like to know more?

027.jpg
027.jpg (38.72 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
Make Orwell fiction again.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 28 Jan 20, 17:40Post
I've been in an out of various jails and Crown Vics over the past few years. Even after relocation to start a new life, I spend quite a bit of time in jail.
Make Orwell fiction again.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 28 Jan 20, 17:51Post
I always wondered what ever happened to TedTAce.

(banning myself right now) :)
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 28 Jan 20, 18:06Post
Cumulonimbus (Mike Kappra) has been missing IRL for some years. Not sure if he's been found. BaylorAirBear also vanished but I suspect he's just off on one of his meanderings.

mark5388916 (big guy who played in a brass band) simultaneously vanished from every forum he was active on around 6.5 years ago. He was playing in London at the time and there was an incident at the event where he was playing which I hope didn't involve him, but which would explain things.

Has anyone heard from Zippythechimp/IHadaPheo lately? I know he's had his issues.
A million great ideas...
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 28 Jan 20, 18:21Post
I saw someone on Facebook had a reply to their thread from Kazzie a few weeks ago, but I don't remember who it was.

The Coz is still around out there somewhere as well.

Hitoshi? Anybody know? :))
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 28 Jan 20, 18:22Post
There were some prolific posters back in the day.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 28 Jan 20, 20:20Post
JLAmber wrote:Cumulonimbus (Mike Kappra) has been missing IRL for some years.

Think he was moving to Kristiansand (sund?) last time I heard from him, but that was so many years ago that I'm not even certain it was him.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 29 Jan 20, 00:41Post
miamiair wrote:I guess you started it.

Yeah, I did. I'll just say I have no complaints overall. Mom passed over 4 years ago and I don't interact with certain other family. I can't complain, though.

I think about NAS members from time to time, like, for example, I'll think about Pep sometimes when I'm cooking (and I'm about finished baking some salmon, so I'll just cut off and maybe add more sometime later). Maybe others can chime in w/updates.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 29 Jan 20, 04:10Post
Good or bad, most of the people I know on the site I'm friends with on bookFace.

That said...my participation on the forums hath waned the past few years...mostly due to buying a house...and work. Work has grown to the point where 60 hrs a week isn't enough to keep afloat anymore.

So that's nice. {bored}

The last few years (last year in particular) were awfully trying personally and medically. I could go into details here but meh...I'm not Ted nor Falcon. Some people here know...

If others want to know, feel free to ask. Otherwise...steady as she goes.

It's great the site is still here...glad it was saved.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Jan 20, 11:19Post
Well, my post seems to have not made it into this thread.

Let's go for it. We started 10 years ago, and I lived 4200 miles away with a different life completely. I don't mind reviewing it with the entire membership . . . . if you've kept up on here, you already know.

Sounds interesting to me.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Jan 20, 12:41Post
At the OP's request I have moved this thread to social.

As you were.
A million great ideas...
vikkyvik 29 Jan 20, 15:00Post
Life goes on.

Don't get out to take photos much anymore. Don't participate in forums as much anymore. Other stuff takes up most of my time. For the better, so I'm told.

As noted, life goes on.

Hope you're all doing well.
airtrainer 29 Jan 20, 19:29Post
Is anyone here still going on A.net ? I went last week and saw that Plymspotter is still active there. Can't remember about other well known users...
New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Jan 20, 22:05Post
airtrainer wrote:Is anyone here still going on A.net ? I went last week and saw that Plymspotter is still active there. Can't remember about other well known users...

I'm not, though my original account is still there and just hit the 20 years mark. I'm surprised Dan is still active on A-net after all that went on.
A million great ideas...
HT-ETNW 29 Jan 20, 22:16Post
airtrainer wrote:Is anyone here still going on A.net ? I went last week and saw that Plymspotter is still active there. Can't remember about other well known users...

After many years of absence I logged-in to A.net a few months ago and posted some replies giving advice on transfers. Checked some people's *last posting date" (using the *friends" list to remember user names) and found some still active there, others inactive since long.

In general, some recent developments at work make most checking & posting from there a no-no, even during lunch break. :(

A good portion of my online time at home meanwhile is spent checking/approving/declining edits on German Wikipedia, and also for active work on related (and interacting) projects called Wikimedia Commons, and Wikidata. But even this time varies greatly over the course of a year, with priority being given for people, home, and garden.
-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Jan 20, 22:28Post
vikkyvik wrote:Hope you're all doing well.

You too. Happy birthday BTW {thumbsup}
A million great ideas...
captoveur 29 Jan 20, 22:52Post
Married, new house, new kid, working on getting some certifications at work.

I am still here, just not as often.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
TNCB 30 Jan 20, 12:02Post
airtrainer wrote:Is anyone here still going on A.net ?

I am too...
DXing 30 Jan 20, 18:31Post
Still here on and off. Since the merger and moving from Houston life has gotten slightly more complicated. I'm a commuter, between cities, now and I've got to say, it's getting tiring.

I've had a chance to get together with several members in BHM, SXM, and BCN and had a wonderful time every time. And that just on this site. Plenty of other great meets organized on A.net. As a matter of fact, I just within the past month had to do away the BHM meet shirt! Finally ripped during a washing. That's one of the things I really liked about the old A.net and this site, the get togethers. One of these years my work schedule will coincide with the MAN meet or, even more likely I will be retired and have the time to make that one happen.

I don't do facebook so I have no idea if anyone is living, just drifted off, or has passed away unless I read it here.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
vikkyvik 30 Jan 20, 20:25Post
airtrainer wrote:Is anyone here still going on A.net ?

Yes, I'm still on there. Same thing applies though - don't post as much, don't really upload much at all.
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 31 Jan 20, 02:03Post
captoveur wrote:Married, new house, new kid, working on getting some certifications at work.

Cool, congrats. {thumbsup}