You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

2020 MAN meeting (summer)

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

Which weekend to choose ?

20-JUN
18%
27-JUN
27%
04-JUL
27%
11-JUL
27%

Total votes : 22

HT-ETNW 22 Jan 20, 19:05Post
Is anybody up for a MAN meeting in summer 2020, consisting of the usual mix of (optional) aviation photography and (mandatory) Curry dinner ?
I have created a poll for the 4 Saturdays around the turn June/July-2020, so please cast your votes if you like.
-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Jan 20, 19:42Post
I'm unavailable on the first weekend due to an unavoidable commitment but can happily make any of the last three weekends.
A million great ideas...
airtrainer 22 Jan 20, 20:11Post
Last week-end of june would be fine for me.
Grounded...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 22 Jan 20, 21:26Post
Right now I can make any of these, but I'm sure my boss will have other ideas.

I could murder a curry.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Yokes 23 Jan 20, 07:52Post
Definitly interested but still unsure about my working schedule. The best date would probably be the 04 July.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 24 Jan 20, 15:26Post
First two I can't due - work for the first; holiday for the second. Either of the other two should work for me for an afternoon gathering and curry!
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
CentrelinePhoto 26 Jan 20, 20:39Post
After the disaster in 2018, I'd like to be there.

Will check with work over the next few days.
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 26 Jan 20, 21:14Post
Any weekend that has a wedding reception at the Etrop Grange Hotel confirmed will get my vote. {mischief}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Yokes 27 Jan 20, 17:26Post
Zak wrote:Any weekend that has a wedding reception at the Etrop Grange Hotel confirmed will get my vote. {mischief}

{laugh} {laugh}

Anyone call them and ask for it?
CentrelinePhoto 29 Jan 20, 14:13Post
Looks like all but 27th June would be OK for me. I've voted as such.

As usual, it's likely to be a case of joining for the Saturday evening curry and Sunday spotting unless I can fix a Saturday off work.
FlySwiss 14 Feb 20, 10:11Post
As long as I can fly all weekends are fine.

Perhaps not the first weekend 20/21 June as I might be in quarantine if my flight goes to Corona Land.
Mark 15 Feb 20, 14:33Post
Hmm... Apparently, it's impossible to get from MSP to MAN in reasonable time without being spendy. The shortest flights are 11 hours each way at $1340 return on KL. The cheapest flights require 3 stops and 28 hours each way at $870 return.

I COULD do MSP-KEF return, which is always dirt cheap, then do one-way flights to/from either MAN.

Anybody got a spare buddy pass? ;)
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
HT-ETNW 02 Apr 20, 15:25Post
In the light of the current Corona virus pandemic and the uncertainty on how much longer it will be around I think that the original corridor of dates for this meeting no longer is feasible.

What do you think:
Shall we ...
a) continue for the time being to look for a date towards "end of June / early July 2020" (with the option for setting up a meeting on fairly short notice) ?
b) postpone the meeting by roughly 2 months, looking into a August / September 2020-corridor of dates ? Or even later ?
c) do a) + b) ?

Ideas ?
-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 02 Apr 20, 15:49Post
Right now, we all don't know when the current travel and social restrictions will be lifted.

I guess the safest approach is to wait until the situation has cleared up, and then decide on a new schedule.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
airtrainer 02 Apr 20, 21:31Post
I agree with Stefan, while flights are still bookable for june it's better not to take any risk for the moment.
Hope to see you all soon, stay safe !
Grounded...
CentrelinePhoto 03 Apr 20, 19:24Post
What Stefan and Jeff said.
gkirk 16 Apr 20, 22:19Post
Whenever the next meet happens, I shall see you there

Beers are on Stefan
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 16 Apr 20, 23:56Post
gkirk wrote:Beers are on Stefan

Wait... what? {nut}
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Apr 20, 07:18Post
I think he said beers are in Stefan.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
airtrainer 17 Apr 20, 13:31Post
gkirk wrote:Beers are Stefan

I'll have a pint then, thanks Stefan :))
Grounded...
Yokes 17 Apr 20, 15:02Post
gkirk wrote:
Beers are on Stefan

Thanks Stefan, thats very kind... :)) {duck}