You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Space

China's Zhurong Rover

Everything that is sub-orbital or beyond.

JacobCooper 26 May 21, 09:44Post
Chinese mission landed on the Red Planet on 14 May, and recently, on 22 May, the rover drove from its landing platform to the surface of Mars. Now China is the second nation that managed to land and drive a rover on Mars.
bearnard95 27 May 21, 07:59Post
That`s interesting! looking forward to getting to know something interesting from this Chinese rover. This is a great achievement for the Chinese space exploration department. Do you have more detailed information about this rover?
JacobCooper 27 May 21, 08:17Post
Of course, I have. What exactly do you need to know?
I'll add posts to this thread gradually and want everyone who is interested in this mission to update this thread. Btw, if you find out something interesting about Zhurong, don't hesitate to place it here.
bearnard95 27 May 21, 11:52Post
The Tianwen missions aim to explore Mars’s internal structure, geology, and of course search for the signs of life. Zhurong rover is a part of this mission that aims to study the topology, analyze soil, atmosphere, and survey minerals, rocks, and other elements it’ll find. Zhurong has several instruments, such as a climate station, ground-penetrating radar, magnetic field detector, and several cameras.
JacobCooper 27 May 21, 12:25Post
What do you think, will Zhurong find something the Perseverance can't?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 27 May 21, 21:08Post
My concern is that all these rovers, exposed to the hitherto-unknown influences of the Martian atmosphere, will start some kind of AI war up there. Or, even more worrying, join forces and decide that humanity has had its day before forming a machine society from which they will launch an assault on earth.

They'll probably just fry their batteries and fall down a hole though.
A million great ideas...
bearnard95 31 May 21, 08:55Post
JacobCooper wrote:What do you think, will Zhurong find something the Perseverance can't?

I don`t think it will, Perseverance rover is the most advanced mission ever been sent to Mars. However, we should not underrate this Chinese mission. Also, I`d like to mention ‘Rosalind Franklin’ mission. This mission will attempt to search for life on Mars. The launch is scheduled for 2022. Interesting fact, that this is the first Mars mission by british aerospacecompanies.
JacobCooper 01 Jun 21, 18:18Post
bearnard95 wrote:
JacobCooper wrote:What do you think, will Zhurong find something the Perseverance can't?

I don`t think it will, Perseverance rover is the most advanced mission ever been sent to Mars. However, we should not underrate this Chinese mission. Also, I`d like to mention ‘Rosalind Franklin’ mission. This mission will attempt to search for life on Mars. The launch is scheduled for 2022. Interesting fact, that this is the first Mars mission by british aerospacecompanies.

Agree with you. I need to read some more information about the mission you've mentioned.