You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Space

Ariel Space Telescope

Everything that is sub-orbital or beyond.

bearnard95 17 Mar 21, 15:24Post
Have you ever heard about Ariel space telescope? This is the space mission that is aimed at surveying planets found beyond our solar system, otherwise known as exoplanets or extrasolar planets, in order to study the formation and evolution of their atmospheres. Do you have any details about this mission or what do you think about that mission at all?
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Mar 21, 15:28Post
No details, but I can say that I first found out about South American launches from a Tom Clancy novel!
bhmbaglock 18 Mar 21, 13:14Post
It will be stationed at the L2 Lagrange point roughly 900k miles out from Earth.
JacobCooper 19 Mar 21, 10:17Post
I heard ESA plans to launch it in 2028. What has struck me the most, is the fact that more than 20 universities work on this mission. I'm glad that teachers and students are incorporated into space exploration because it can help them find purpose in life. Moreover, I also know that the ARIEL mission aims to observe and investigate at least 1000 planets. It's a huge amount of data :o .
bearnard95 19 Mar 21, 15:58Post
According to the information I found this mission is about to happen in 2029. I agree with you that it`s rather interesting for the future discovering of new planets and universities
bearnard95 23 Mar 21, 08:43Post
Also, I wanna add that I like the idea of particular mission to find exoplanets amoung of which can be the planet like Earth. I know that the possibilty is not very high but still, we can get a very significant opening.
https://www.skyrora.com/blog/tag/space-innovations