You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Space

Is There Life On Venus?

Everything that is sub-orbital or beyond.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Sep 20, 15:38Post
It's an extraordinary possibility - the idea that living organisms are floating in the clouds of Planet Venus.

But this is what astronomers are now considering after detecting a gas in the atmosphere they can't explain.

That gas is phosphine - a molecule made up of one phosphorus atom and three hydrogen atoms.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-54133538
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
DXing 15 Sep 20, 14:22Post
Considering that you can find bacterial life in undersea volcano vents it wouldn't surprise me to find life anywhere.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 15 Sep 20, 19:11Post
Almost certainly. We can say for certain that at some point there must have been life on Venus for phosphine to be present. Even if a super rare reaction has occurred to release it from Phosphorous anhydride, there must have been organic matter with a respiratory process present for it to occur in the first place. Whether that was billions of years ago or is current is the real question.

There have been some really interesting releases of info that would have been massive news were it not for the world panicking over a cold. There seems to be visible life on Europa, one of the moons of Jupiter, according to a largely-ignored NASA document released in June.
A million great ideas...