You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Space

X-37B Passes 500 Day in Orbit...

Everything that is sub-orbital or beyond.

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 May 14, 19:21Post
... and we still have no idea what it's doing up there:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1814 ... g-up-there

For just over 500 days, the US Air Force’s mysterious X-37B OTV-3 robotic space plane has been casually orbiting the Earth. X-37B looks like the Space Shuttle, and launches into space on the back of a rocket like the Shuttle, but it’s actually fairly small at just under nine meters (30 feet) in length. What’s truly weird, though, is that I’ve now told you everything that we officially know about the X-37B — its payload, current mission, and combat capabilities are completely unknown. X-37B OTV-3, one of the world’s largest artificial satellites, has been up there for 500 days, shows no sign of coming down any time soon, and we have no idea what it’s doing or what it can do.
A million great ideas...
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 01 May 14, 20:17Post
I saw it passing overhead one night just after sunset, as bright if not brighter than the ISS.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 01 May 14, 21:49Post
Look in the 30 APR 14 Daily... The Russians have a copy of it in testing...
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Fumanchewd 02 May 14, 04:51Post
Shhh, its not a copy. :)) Many anti US members at the other board would go on and on how the Russian's didn't copy anything from the US, that the necessitated functions of aircraft dictate that the Russian aircraft look just like the American predecessors.

I.E. The required mission of the Blackjack and its supersonic capabilities just so happened that the design magically looks alot like the B1. {laugh}
"Give us a kiss, big tits."