You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Space

FAA clears SpaceX superheavy..with caveats

Everything that is sub-orbital or beyond.

DXing 14 Jun 22, 00:13Post
Looks like Musk has gotten the go ahead to begin launching again from its south Texas facility, with a long list of caveats. Hopefully they will be able to work them out quickly. I've been holding off vacation time for this event. Next attempt is scheduled for July. I doubt that will hold but when it does lift off I plan to be in the area to see it.

After months of review and study, the FAA on Monday issued a “mitigated finding of no significant impact,” a decision that allows Elon Musk’s company to proceed toward its first orbital launch attempt of its massive rocket. But the FAA imposed more than 75 actions that the company must undertake to protect the environment and reduce the impact of its activities on a nearby public beach and wildlife preserve before being given a launch license.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/faa-will-allow-spacex-to-launch-starship-from-texas-but-with-a-catch/ar-AAYpTQT?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c05e5172b4294115adddbb83e0a5e13d
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?