You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Military Aviation

Boris Force One Paint Job Seen...

Your online Air Force Base.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 25 Jun 20, 15:23Post
https://simpleflying.com/boris-force-on ... -revealed/

TheyWe spent a million bucks on that disjointed mess? Thanks Boris.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 25 Jun 20, 15:43Post
I like it. Seems to be the same sort of template as most other European countries.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Mark 25 Jun 20, 18:29Post
Very nice. Sure beats drab drab. Will Queen Elizabeth and/or King Charles get to play on it eventually?
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Jun 20, 19:03Post
One of our universities was going through a rape crisis. Spent 1.5 million on a new slogan. The slogan? Very simply,

"Thrive."

LOL. Y'all got a good deal!
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Jun 20, 20:21Post
Dismal. We're being represented by an overpriced Air UK Leisure livery, which does seem somewhat appropriate.
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 25 Jun 20, 21:55Post
A grey military transport quietly projected far more "don't mess with us" than this disaster. Looks like they gave Boris a box of crayons and he couldn't figure out how to eat them while wearing a face mask.

Honestly, the money would've been better spent on a flesh-toned Airlander with a mop of blond hair on top of the arse bit.

JLAmber wrote:Dismal. We're being represented by an overpriced Air UK Leisure livery, which does seem somewhat appropriate.

I thought it looked vaguely familiar!

mhodgson wrote:I like it. Seems to be the same sort of template as most other European countries.

Aren't you glad we left the EU and can do our own thing now? {crazy}
DXing 25 Jun 20, 21:55Post
I understand it is dual purpose, VIP travel and could be used as a tanker for the armed forces if needed? Hope they plan on keeping it well back from the front because its got "target" painted all over it.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
paul mcallister 27 Jun 20, 01:28Post
I like it, and I don`t see any reason why we should not have something decent to represent the country. Too many have climbed on the band wagon to kick Boris as often as possible, which I think is grossly unfair. I shudder to think of what would have happened in the UK with Covid-19 had Corbyn and Labour got in.

The timing of it may not be the best in the world, but people need to realise the aircraft will still be used for it`s transport and tanker role when not needed by UK VIPS.
aviatellc 27 Jun 20, 07:17Post
Also context for non aviation friends, class bravo airspace referenced here is some of the most tightly controlled civilian air spaces. They tend to encircle very high traffic regions like Seattle, Los Angeles, New York, DC, etc... All airplanes entering are required to get clearance before doing so from a controller so that ATC can keep all traffic safe from each other and avoid any collisions
Attachments
27-6.jpeg
27-6.jpeg (129.74 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Jun 20, 12:19Post
InFlight are releasing this abortion in 1:200 scale:

https://www.airspotters.com/inflight-20 ... voyageruk/

Needless to say, this is one that won't be in my cabinet. {crazy}
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Jun 20, 12:24Post
DXing wrote:I understand it is dual purpose, VIP travel and could be used as a tanker for the armed forces if needed? Hope they plan on keeping it well back from the front because its got "target" painted all over it.

I assume it'd get repainted, or at least stripped back to bare white, before getting sent anywhere interesting. In that sense, it's no different to the Voyagers that were leased out to Thomas Cook.

Still, a grey one wouldn't need that doing.