You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Military Aviation

Something For The Weekend, Sir?

Your online Air Force Base.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 29 Jun 17, 09:01Post
The French air force is investigating a senior officer said to have used a fighter jet to fly for weekends away.

General Richard Reboul flew the Alpha Jet from a training base in Bordeaux in western France to his property in Provence, the Canard Enchaîné reported.

He is also said to have taken a six-seat military transport plane along with a pilot and co-pilot, the satirical newspaper said.

Gen Reboul made about 10 trips in total, the newspaper said.

Read more: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40429037
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 29 Jun 17, 09:50Post
Some frogs are more equal than others? {duck}
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 29 Jun 17, 13:16Post
Wait... Isn't that exactly what T-38s and RON trans-con training flights are for? ;)
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf
paul mcallister 29 Jun 17, 17:22Post
If it keeps him current on the aircraft and he had permission,I don`t see a problem.
halls120 (Plank Owner) 13 Jul 17, 14:13Post
paul mcallister wrote:If it keeps him current on the aircraft and he had permission,I don`t see a problem.

When my brother was a Navy flight instructor in Texas, he routinely flew a A-4 Skyhawk home to CA on weekends. With permission and for cross country nav training purposes.
At home in the PNW and loving it