CALTECH 29 Nov 15, 02:31Post
Any guesses ?

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Nov 15, 02:34Post
No guesses, but these are awesome. :))
CALTECH 29 Nov 15, 02:34Post
CALTECH 29 Nov 15, 02:40Post
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Nov 15, 02:41Post
CALTECH wrote:Came across some old photos on a old drive,

So this is the Boeing Skyfox from Airwolf?
CALTECH 29 Nov 15, 02:44Post
Lucas wrote:

So this is the Boeing Skyfox from Airwolf?

Yes, a Lockheed T-33 proposed upgrade that was used for the Airwolf tv series.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 Nov 15, 02:54Post
I love photos like these. When I was a kid, I used to check out old books on airliners and such, mostly from the 60s and 70s. I was fascinated by the facts and figures.

I still remember cutting out an advertisement for a Boeing 707 from an old National Geographic magazine that my family had. It discussed how in ONE HOUR you could be 600 miles away.

A lot of me wishes that I could have experienced that era.
CALTECH 29 Nov 15, 13:55Post
Lucas wrote:I love photos like these. When I was a kid, I used to check out old books on airliners and such, mostly from the 60s and 70s. I was fascinated by the facts and figures.

I still remember cutting out an advertisement for a Boeing 707 from an old National Geographic magazine that my family had. It discussed how in ONE HOUR you could be 600 miles away.

A lot of me wishes that I could have experienced that era.

I remember flying 707s to Europe, russian airliners in Europe, loved the old prop jobs. Believe I even flew on a Brittania back in 1971, London to Warsaw.

All of our fathers were alive and had experiences during WW2, hearing a very few of their stories was fascinating. Many of them just did not want to take about it. My childhood friend Richard, his father flew Spitfires in a Polish Squadron. The few stories we could get out of him....... WW2 and it's aircraft was very big in our lives....
Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 29 Nov 15, 14:42Post
CALTECH wrote:Image

That looks very Soviet. I'm guessing it's a TU-4 testing counter rotating engines designs for the Bear program.
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf
CALTECH 29 Nov 15, 17:24Post
Click Click D'oh wrote:

That looks very Soviet. I'm guessing it's a TU-4 testing counter rotating engines designs for the Bear program.

Yes. Looks like a Boeing/Tupolev hybrid. Except the engines were piston powered, not turboprops like on the Bear Bomber.

"A Tupolev Tu-4LL testbed with a contra-rotating Dobrynin VD-3TK engine installed in each outer position. The LL in the aircraft’s designation stood for “letayushchaya laboratoriya,” which means flying laboratory"

Read that the Tu-95 Bear and some of the derivatives have the same diameter fuselage as the Boeing B-29s that were impounded and held by the Soviets.

TU-4

TU-80

TU-85

TU-95LAL Nuclear Reactor Onboard

TU-116

Convairs B-52 Version Prototype, YB-60

Love the photos of what could have been.

If this heavy fighter aircraft had been picked over the ME-110, how would the Battle of Britain turned out, as this aircraft had better performance than the ME-109, ME-110, Hawker Hurricane, and Supermarine Spitfire.....

FW-187
Fumanchewd 30 Nov 15, 03:54Post

I can tell you the tail number, N221SF. I have fueled this plane, I have towed it, I have leaned on it while drunk, and I saw it daily when it was based out of SDL when I worked there. It has been gone for a long time now, not sure where. It spent its later days in camo drab green.

I will see if I have any photos I took of it, but here it is from the web.

"Give us a kiss, big tits."
CALTECH 02 Dec 15, 05:19Post
Fumanchewd wrote:I can tell you the tail number, N221SF. I have fueled this plane, I have towed it, I have leaned on it while drunk, and I saw it daily when it was based out of SDL when I worked there. It has been gone for a long time now, not sure where. It spent its later days in camo drab green.

Nice. I like the looks of her. What was the talk about it ? Pig or a decent airplane ?

CALTECH 02 Dec 15, 05:34Post
Fumanchewd wrote:I can tell you the tail number, N221SF. I have fueled this plane, I have towed it, I have leaned on it while drunk, and I saw it daily when it was based out of SDL when I worked there. It has been gone for a long time now, not sure where. It spent its later days in camo drab green.

Found this site,... if you care....

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/ ... Beast.aspx

T-33 derivative, Navy style

Souped up P-51 !

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 02 Dec 15, 09:09Post
Some fascinating shots in this thread {thumbsup}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
CALTECH 02 Dec 15, 17:27Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Some fascinating shots in this thread {thumbsup}

Love to see the what could have beens......

This one caught me offguard....

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 02 Dec 15, 18:56Post

What the devil!?!
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 02 Dec 15, 19:31Post
Lucas wrote:

What the devil!?!

A Jet-powered Sturmovik.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Fumanchewd 03 Dec 15, 06:03Post
CALTECH wrote:

Nice. I like the looks of her. What was the talk about it ? Pig or a decent airplane ?

Still a pig. I think that it was supposed to make the T33 a multi-engine trainer more than anything else, it still wasn't very fast.
"Give us a kiss, big tits."
CALTECH 17 Dec 15, 14:14Post
CALTECH 17 Dec 15, 14:16Post
CALTECH 17 Dec 15, 14:17Post
CALTECH 17 Dec 15, 14:18Post
CALTECH 17 Dec 15, 14:19Post
CALTECH 17 Dec 15, 14:19Post