You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : netAirspace Daily News

NAS Daily 01 MAR 24

The latest aviation news, brought to you by miamiair every weekday.

airtrainer 01 Mar 24, 10:51Post

News

Creating new route opportunities at the largest carbon neutral airport in the world: DFW Airport
largest carbon neutral airport in the world DFW John AckermanListen to this exclusive interview which took place at World Routes in Istanbul.
Link (International Airport Review)

Christchurch Airport’s half-yearly financials deliver for city
Christchurch Airport today released its half-year financial results which deliver a higher interim dividend to the New Zealand city than forecast, from a total operating revenue of NZ$115.5 million for the six months to December 31, 2023. Chair of Christchurch International Airport Limited (CIAL), Sarah Ottrey, says strong visitor numbers, coupled with the strength of ...
Link (Airport World)

Serial production of the Russian MC-21 airliner further delayed to 2025-26
Russia’s new mid-sized airliner, the MC-21, is not expected to go into serial production until 2025 or 2026,…
Link (AeroTime)

Sydney Airport reforms represent a win for efficiency, competition, and passengers
The reforms represent the first enhancements in 27 years to the rules that govern how Sydney Airport operates.

Dominican Airlines Sky Cana A321 shot at and damaged in Haiti
An Airbus A321 has been shot at while arriving at Port-au-Prince Airport in Haiti, damaging the aircraft fuselage.…
Link (AeroTime)

QantasLink finally begins A220 operations as first two aircraft enter service
The Qantas Group has officially begun commercial Airbus A220 operations, with its first two aircraft entering passenger service…
Link (AeroTime)

New York-JFK’s new Terminal 6 a year closer to becoming reality
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) and JFK Millennium Partners (JMP) – the company selected to build and operate John F Kennedy International Airport’s Terminal 6 – today marked one year since breaking ground on the $4.2 billion terminal with a sneak peek of the facility through a new animated rendering ...
Link (Airport World)

AIRPORT WORLD 2024, ISSUE 01
VIEW THE ISSUE HERE DOWNLOAD THE ISSUE HERE Airport profile: Santiago de Chile Design & Build: Bengaluru-Kempegowda & Jackson Hole Plus: Sustainability; IT Innovation; People Matters; and ACI news Growth trajectory Editor, Joe Bates, reflects on the continued upturn in global traffic and the ‘connectivity’ theme of this issue of Airport World. While it is, ...
Link (Airport World)

Emirates boss Tim Clark fears Boeing 777X delivery could be delayed until 2026
Emirates boss Tim Clark has suggested that delivery of the Boeing 777X could be delayed until 2026, as…
Link (AeroTime)

Vehicles powered by vegetable oil cut CO2 emissions at London Gatwick
London Gatwick says that it has cut carbon emissions from its diesel vehicles by 90% by swapping the fuel for Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil (HVO). The switch means London Gatwick will save more than 950 tonnes of carbon emissions per annum. HVO is a low-carbon biofuel made from plant waste, oils and fats making it a ...
Link (Airport World)

Finavia employees who enjoy their work ensure a smooth airport experience
Finavia also actively supports the professional development of its personnel and investments have been made in employee induction.

Changi Airports International signs agreement to manage Vietnam’s Cam Ranh International Airport Terminal 2
The agreement will manage Cam Ranh International Terminal’s non-aeronautical businesses and support the growth of Cam Ranh International Airport’s international route development.

2023 safest year for flying by several parameters, says IATA
Aviation continues to make progress on safety with several 2023 parameters showing “best-ever” results.

Eight new restaurants to open at Helsinki Airport
Finavia will further diversify Helsinki Airport’s restaurant offering with the opening of eight new F&B oulets in the spring. The new additions, which are part of the revamp of the airport, means that passengers will soon be served by nearly 50 restaurants and cafés. Nora Immonen, Finavia’s director of commercial services, business, at Helsinki Airport, ...
Link (Airport World)

Sikorsky unveils HEX hybrid-electric VTOL aircraft program
Sikorsky, a subsidiary of Lockheed Martin, has announced its ambitious plan to develop, test, and fly a hybrid-electric…
Link (AeroTime)

Aviation Quote

My habit of attacking Huns dangling from their parachutes led to many arguments in the mess. Some officers, of the Eton and Sandhurst type, thought it was 'unsportsmanlike' to do it. Never having been to a public school, I was unhampered by such considerations of form. I just pointed out that there was a bloody war on, and that I intended to avenge my pals.

- Captain James Ira Thomas 'Taffy' Jones, RFC, 37 victories in 3 months W.W.I.

On This Day

Click Here

Daily Video

Editor's Choice

Trivia

Who Am I

1. I was born in Russia and emigrated to the United States. I was always tinkering with machines. I developed an aerial vehicle that was the first successful design in its class. With some assistance from fellow émigrés I started my company that began building flying boats. During WW2 I designed the first practical helicopter for the Department of War. My company still exists today as part of the United Technology Group. Who am I?

2. I was born the day after Pearl Harbor got bombed by the Japanese. I started my higher education at a Teacher’s college then transferred to the U of Missouri. I joined the US Navy in 1967 and was one of the first graduates of Top Gun. I was also the only Navy ace of the Viet Nam war. Who am I?

3. I was born in 1897, in Atchinson, KS. In December of 1920 I was given a ride that would change my life forever. I was the 16th woman to be issued a pilot’s license. In my second attempt to circle the globe, my airplane disappeared, no remains ever to be found. Who Am I?

4. I was born in 1914, and died in 1998. I started flying at an early age and grew up to be a test pilot for one of the industry’s leading manufacturers. Under the guise of selling airplanes, I barrel rolled a four-engine transport aircraft over Lake Washington. Who am I?

5. I was born in 1922 in Germany. I have had several nicknames, like “Bubi” or “The Black Devil.” As a fighter pilot I left a record that will never be broken; yes, I said never. I shot down 352 enemy airplanes. Who am I?
New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air