You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : netAirspace Daily News

NAS Daily 16 MAR 23

The latest aviation news, brought to you by miamiair every weekday.

airtrainer 16 Mar 23, 14:28Post

News

Personally chosen by passengers: the best airports for customer experience
Airport awardsThe Airports Council International (ACI) World and travel technology company Amadeus has excitedly announced this year's winners of Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Awards. The award recognizes the best airport for customer experience worldwide, as selected by passengers.
Link (International Airport Review)

Virgin Orbit temporarily suspends operations, furloughs staff
Virgin Orbit, the satellite-launching arm of the Virgin Group, Richard Branson’s business empire, is suspending operations for a...
Link (AeroTime)

BETA Technologies unveils new eCTOL design
BETA Technologies has unveiled a new aircraft model that it expects will accelerate its certification and go-to-market process. …
Link (AeroTime)

London-Gatwick rebounds to profit after $1bn losses following the COVID pandemic
London-Gatwick Airport (LGW) is celebrating a return to profit in 2022 after experiencing significant financial losses as a…
Link (AeroTime)

A view of the Asia Pacific region with Stefano Baronci, Director General of ACI-APAC
Stefano BaronciAt the ROUTES Asia conference in Chiang Mai, Thailand, International Airport Review Editor Holly Miles, caught up with Stefano Baronci, Director General of Airports Council International - ACI Asia Pacific.

Atlas Air completes regulatory process to finalize its sale to equity firms
Atlas Air announced that the company had completed all regulatory processes, ending its sale process to several equity…
Link (AeroTime)

Budapest Airport invests in Veovo technology to improve passenger flows.
Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport is set to enhance the passenger experience and optimise its operations by implementing Veovo's Passenger Predictability solution.

Delivering the world’s most exciting transport hub
How CPK will transform logistics and operations throughout Europe? During the 'Airport/Smart Cities and Transport Connections' theme block at the Passenger Terminal Expo & Conference, Mikołaj Wild, CEO of Centralny Port Komunikacyjny (CPK), and Danny Aoun, Board Member of Dar Group, presented the proposed greenfield airport concept, in which rail connectivity plays a leading role. The proposed design offers unlimited possibilities for the development of a fully multimodal transport hub, which will transform logistics and operations throughout Europe.

Is Emirates introducing a new livery?
Images shared on Twitter have captured an Emirates Airbus A380 sporting a subtly different livery design, with changes primarily…
Link (AeroTime)

China Airlines restores pre-pandemic daily service between Ontario, California, and Taipei
Ontario Airport China Airlines serviceChina Airlines will restore the daily round-trip service between Southern California's Ontario International Airport and Taipei this year.

Aviation Quote

Once committed to an attack, fly in at full speed. After scoring crippling or disabling hits, I would clear myself and then repeat the process. I never pursued the enemy once they had eluded me. Better to break off and set up again for a new assault. I always began my attacks from full strength, if possible, my ideal flying height being 22,000 ft because at that altitude I could best utilize the performance of my aircraft. Combat flying is based on the slashing attack and rough maneuvering. In combat flying, fancy precision aerobatic work is really not of much use. Instead, it is the rough maneuver which succeeds.

- Colonel Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, GAF, aka Karaya One, the World's leading ace, with 352 victories in WWII Jagdgeschwader 52.

On This Day

Click Here

Daily Video

Editor's Choice

Trivia

US AIRPORT ID

New airlines, new routes, new countries... back in the air