You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : netAirspace Daily News

NAS Daily 23 JUN 22

The latest aviation news, brought to you by miamiair every weekday.

airtrainer 23 Jun 22, 00:26Post

News

First ever 100 per cent SAF-powered commercial aircraft takes flight
Marking a historic moment in aviation, ATR and Braathens Regional Airlines have enabled the first ever 100 per cent SAF-powered test flight on a commercial regional aircraft.
Link (International Airport Review)

Video shows dramatic moment Ukrainian drone strikes Russian oil refinery
Dramatic footage showing the moment a Russian refinery was struck by drones from Ukraine has surfaced online.
Link (AeroTime)

BLR Airport named ‘Best Regional Airport in India and South Asia’
Bangalore International Airport has been recognised as the 'Best Regional Airport in India and South Asia' at the 2022 Skytrax World Airport Awards.

Integration of private jets with commercial airports
David Gitman, President, and Owner of Monarch Air Group, explains the integration of executive aircraft into international terminals worldwide.

Helsinki Airport awarded ‘Best Airport in Northern Europe’
Helsinki Airport has been awarded the 'Best Airport in Northern Europe' in the global airport customer satisfaction survey conducted by Skytrax.

Germany’s first Chinook CH-47F heavy-lift helicopters could arrive from 2026
The first Chinook CH-47F heavy-lift helicopters could start arriving in 2026, Boeing executives said at the Berlin ILA Airshow
Link (AeroTime)

American Airlines to cut some New York and Ohio services due to pilot shortage
American Airlines told AeroTime it will cut services to Islip and Ithaca, New York and Toledo, Ohio citing a shortage of pilots in the region.
Link (AeroTime)

Large-scale incentives needed to increase SAF production
The International Air Transport Association has urged governments to put in place large-scale incentives to rapidly expand the use of sustainable aviation fuels.

Lockheed Martin “sprinting” to finalize German F-35 contract
Lockheed Martin is working at top speed to finalize a F-35 deal for Germany, after Berlin decided on the fifth-generation fighter to replace its Tornados.
Link (AeroTime)

Rolls-Royce developing technology to extend range of hybrid-electric aircraft
Rolls-Royce is currently developing turbogenerators in order to extend the range of hybrid-electric aircraft.
Link (AeroTime)

Aviation Quote

I am not a good shot. Few of us are. To make up for this I hold my fire until I have a shot of less than 20 degrees deflection and until I'm within 300 yards. Good discipline on this score can make up for a great deal.

- Lt. Colonel John C. Meyer, USAAF.

On This Day

Click Here

Daily Video

Editor's Choice

Trivia

Aircraft ID

[/quote]

Grounded...