You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : netAirspace Daily News

NAS Daily 06 JUN 22

The latest aviation news, brought to you by miamiair every weekday.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 06 Jun 22, 07:43Post

News

AAHK extends relief package to support airport community
Airport Authority Hong Kong has decided to extend its relief package until the end of July 2022, to further support the airport community post-COVID-19 pandemic.
Link (International Airport Review)

KLM blocks passengers at European destinations from coming to Amsterdam on Saturday
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is going through a very tough period. The airline issued this statement: At the end of Saturday afternoon, 4 June, 2022 KLM was regrettably compelled to decide that passengers at European destinations would no longer be allowed to board flights to Amsterdam. Although a substantial package of measures was taken before ...
Link (World Airline News)

Ryanair Boeing 737 blocks runway at Leeds Bradford after tire blowout
Leeds Bradford runway has been blocked by Ryanair Boeing 737 after its tire exploded on landing.
Link (AeroTime)

Hainan Airlines to restore the Shenzhen – Vancouver route
Hainan Airlines has announced it will resume the Shenzhen – Vancouver route on June 9. The weekly flight will operate with Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft. Hainan Airlines aircraft phopto gallery:

F/A-18 Super Horner crashes in California, killing pilot
A US Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jet crashed in Mojave Desert, claiming the life of a pilot.
Link (AeroTime)

In a 747 cockpit with 40-year veteran Captain Cameron Livingstone
AeroTime spoke to veteran pilot Captain Cameron Livingstone who shares a longstanding history with the 747.
Link (AeroTime)

Volotea establishes its 8th French bases at Lourdes
Volotea, the airline of the small and medium sized cities in Europe, continues its strong development in France and will inaugurate its new base in Lourdes on July 1, 2022. The airline will base an Airbus A319 at the airport. From the beginning of July, Volotea will operate flights to 5 destinations from Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées, including ...

Turkish Airlines adds Juba, South Sudan
Turkish Airlines continues to expand its flight network with flights to Juba, the capital of South Sudan, as of June 1, 2022. Connecting Africa to more destinations than any other in the world, Turkish Airlines has increased the number of destinations on the African Continent to 62 with Juba. The flag carrier brand will be ...

Cleaner, Greener Airports: Making Aviation More Sustainable – Malta International Airport
In the latest instalment of International Airport Review’s sustainability series, Malta International Airport’s Justine Baldacchino, Manager, Sustainability and Analytics, and Lorna Refalo,...

BIAL awarded ACI’s Green Airport Recognition 2022
Bangalore International Airport has been awarded the Green Airport Recognition 2022 Platinum Award, by the Airport Council International.

The airport of today
Alex Peric, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Gerald R. Ford International Airport Authority, tells International Airport Review how investments in innovative technology have, already,...

Aviation Quote

I really don't know one plane from the other. To me they are just marginal costs with wings.

- Alfred Kahn, 1977.

On This Day

Click Here

Daily Video

Editor's Choice

Trivia

Google Airports

My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 09 Jun 22, 09:46Post
I sucked at the airport trivia today:

2 = STT

:(
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
airtrainer 09 Jun 22, 20:38Post
0/10 for me {boxed}

ANSWERS

1. MOZ, Temae, French Polynesia
2. STT, H.S. Truman, St. Thomas, USVI
3. NRR, Roosevelt Roads, NAS, Puerto Rico
4. BQN, Borinquen, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico