You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : netAirspace Daily News

NAS Daily 01 JUN 23

The latest aviation news, brought to you by miamiair every weekday.

airtrainer 01 Jun 23, 04:43Post

News

In discussion with Sir Stephen Hillier, UK Civil Aviation Authority Chair
Stephen HillierWatch this exclusive interview with Chair of UK Civil Aviation Authority, Sir Stephen Hillier, and International Airport Review's Editorial Assistant, Chunekshi Wimalasuriya. Here he discusses some of the key components of aviation's journey in making Jet Zero a 2050 reality.
Link (International Airport Review)

Lufthansa Airlines: its routes, services and fleet
A prominent player in the global aviation industry, Lufthansa Airlines is a renowned carrier with a rich history.…
Link (AeroTime)

North Korean spy satellite crashes into sea after failed launch attempt
North Korea’s attempt to launch its first spy satellite, the Malligyong-1, ended in failure after its newly developed…
Link (AeroTime)

Hamad International Airport modernises security plans
Hamad International Airport securityThe airport have selected DataDirect Networks (DDN) to provide advanced data storage solutions to enhance security measures and offer optimised operations, innovative experiences and luxury retail to passengers.

Uzbekistan Airports and Changi Airports International to jointly develop Tashkent Airport
Tashkent AirportThe partnership will jointly develop the Islam Karimov Tashkent International Airport, which will be the largest international airport of the Republic of Uzbekistan.

American Airlines passenger used emergency slide to escape after spitting
An American Airlines passenger who was convicted of simple assault aboard a flight that was due to take-off…
Link (AeroTime)

SAS opens bookings for first electric flight in 2028
Commercial electric flight still sounds like a distant proposition, but those who cannot wait to try the new…
Link (AeroTime)

Finavia is developing Kuusamo Airport, but will expect flight disruption
Finavia Kuusamo AirportRenewals are set to be made at Kuusamo Airport's runway lighting system during the summer and the apron and taxiway.

Qatar Airways signs multi-million-dollar deal for SAF supply at Dutch airport
Qatar Airways has announced a multi-million-dollar deal with Shell for 3,000 metric tons of neat Sustainable Aviation Fuel…
Link (AeroTime)

Shannon Airport preparing for a surge in passenger traffic this June Bank Holiday weekend
Shannon Airport passenger volumeShannon Airport is predicting over 42,000 passengers to travel through the airport during June Bank Holiday.

Aviation Quote

Please accept my sincere thanks for your recent letter and for the enclosure describing the Sāo Paulo helicopter rescues. . . . I had it read to me (my eyesight has failed to such an extent that I can no longer read) and found it interesting indeed.
I always believed that the helicopter would be an outstanding vehicle for the greatest variety of life-saving missions and now, near the close of my life, I have the satisfaction of knowing this has proved to be true.

- Igor Sikorsky's last letter, to Jerome Lederer, dictated the day before he died at age 84, 15 October 1972.

On This Day

Click Here

Daily Video

Editor's Choice

Trivia

General Trivia

1. What was the first production airplane to incorporate the remarkably successful and popular Pratt & Whitney PT6 turboprop engine?

2. What current manufacturer of popular automobiles was the first manufacturer of production turbojet engines?

3. Part 23 of the Federal Aviation Regulations specifies that it must be possible to safely land a certified airplane without using:
A. Ailerons
B. Elevator(s)
C. Pitch trim
D. Rudder(s)

4. The landing deck of an aircraft carrier is angled at 15 degrees left of the ship's centerline, so that the relative wind created by the ship always creates a right crosswind component for landing pilots. When the surface wind is southerly and equal to the ships speed, what must the ship's heading be so that the pilot can land without a crosswind?

5. The first aircraft to complete a transatlantic flight was one of three US Navy Curtiss NC flying boats, NC-4, that completed the journey on 27 MAY 1919. What was the primary method of navigation?

6. The most powerful piston engine ever built for an aircraft was manufactured by:
A. Lycoming
B. Packard
C. Pratt & Whitney
D. Wright
Grounded...