You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

What Did You Learn Today?

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Jun 10, 21:01Post
They say you learn something new every day, so what did you learn?

I discovered a handful of recipes for Polish sausage and an innovative way of scaring away cats.
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jun 10, 21:05Post
phpBB's cookie handling is arse.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Jun 10, 21:44Post
Lowe's Customer Service Sucks . . .

After a third e-mail still no reply.

Therefore, a CSM Style Phone Conversation is in order . . . pity the bastard that answers the phone . . . {grumpy}
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
PlymSpotter (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 17 Jun 10, 22:03Post
Barclaycard are phsycic.
If the inner and outer cores of co-axial cable touch your TV signal will be poor.
The Police are currently parranoid.

Dan :)
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jun 10, 22:06Post
AT&T Customer Service isn't.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Tornado82 17 Jun 10, 22:18Post
The patio furniture Home Depot sells is cheaply constructed junk.
I'm baaaaaaack.
AndesSMF (Founding Member) 17 Jun 10, 22:22Post
France can't play Football... :))
Einstein said two things were infinite; the universe, and stupidity. He wasn't sure about the first, but he was certain about the second.
Cadet57 17 Jun 10, 22:41Post
miamiair wrote:AT&T Customer Service isn't.

Funny... My friend is having it out with them on the phone right now.
Airfoilsguy (Founding Member) 17 Jun 10, 22:48Post
Ohio State troopers are sneaky.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jun 10, 23:05Post
Office Space is a damn fine movie.
And I really need a new job, before I end up being like these guys.

Both not really news, but I guess you gotta remind yourself from time to time.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Mark 17 Jun 10, 23:39Post
Mrs. Elephant Skin is a liar.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
BlueLion (Founding Member) 17 Jun 10, 23:55Post
Airfoilsguy wrote:Ohio State troopers are sneaky.

Sounds like you're a slow learner. :))
Mark 18 Jun 10, 00:02Post

Just outside of town, Wisconsin troopers and sheriff's deputies were busy citing people for doing 70 in a 65 today on the interstate. There must have been a dozen police cars waiting in line to go after people. After issuing a ticket, they'd come back, join the queue and go after more drivers. This went on from 0800 until 1700.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 18 Jun 10, 00:15Post
I learned just how badly I needed a good night's sleep. Slept for 11.5 hours last night and boy do I feel better today. Too bad I can't do that every night.
Make Orwell fiction again.
Tornado82 18 Jun 10, 01:16Post
Mark wrote:

Just outside of town, Wisconsin troopers and sheriff's deputies were busy citing people for doing 70 in a 65 today on the interstate. There must have been a dozen police cars waiting in line to go after people. After issuing a ticket, they'd come back, join the queue and go after more drivers. This went on from 0800 until 1700.

My experience with WI state cops is that they're pretty much worse than the greediest of local cops anywhere else.
I'm baaaaaaack.
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Jun 10, 08:32Post
The back seat of a car can be a bit, um, cramped at times. {blush}
Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.
helvknight (Founding Member) 18 Jun 10, 08:36Post
One of our developers learned that, while clearing out old files from his PC, NTDETECT is not a good file to remove. :))

(I got it back but I had to fight with the recovery console somewhat)
Hire Engineers to drive the vision and execute a plan. Hire MBAs to shuffle the papers and work in sales. Hire Accountants to manage your staff working a viable livable wage, and never have either an Accountant or an MBA run your company. - Steve Jobs
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Jun 10, 10:23Post
FlyingAce wrote:The back seat of a car can be a bit, um, cramped at times. {blush}

That depends on who's back there with you :))

Today I learned that my wife has overpayed the tax office by £600 and they're paying it back.
A million great ideas...
Cadet57 18 Jun 10, 16:33Post
FlyingAce wrote:The back seat of a car can be a bit, um, cramped at times. {blush}

So is the front seat of a Volkswagen. But that is another story :o
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 18 Jun 10, 16:35Post

That's why I prefer SUVs.

What? Why's everybody looking at me like that?
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 18 Jun 10, 16:40Post
I had a Triumph Spitfire once...

On Fridays, people get clueless.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 18 Jun 10, 16:50Post
Learned this recently: If taken within an hour of waking up, extra strength Five Hour Energy works really well initially. But as it wears off, I begin to have symptoms very similar to an anxiety attack. {tired}
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 18 Jun 10, 16:56Post
Life isn't like a box of chocolates, yet you still don't know what you're going to get.
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Jun 10, 17:03Post
JLAmber wrote:

That depends on who's back there with you :))

You don't want to know... {mischief}
Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.
AndesSMF (Founding Member) 18 Jun 10, 17:16Post
ShyFlyer wrote:What? Why's everybody looking at me like that?

Your carbon footprint is showing... ;)
Einstein said two things were infinite; the universe, and stupidity. He wasn't sure about the first, but he was certain about the second.