You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

New Fail Thread

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 07 Feb 19, 18:21Post
Pretty sure there's nothing wrong with those Volkswagens other than the stupid US Government.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 07 Feb 19, 23:22Post
Zak wrote:The fail is strong at Volkswagen these days...

There is a storage facility south of Colorado Springs full of VW and Audis as well.
Make Orwell fiction again.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 08 Feb 19, 10:16Post
GQfluffy wrote:Pretty sure there's nothing wrong with those Volkswagens other than the stupid US Government.

Yeah, nevermind that VW already admitted to tinkering with the onboard computer so they got better/false readings on mileage and emissions. {bored} {crazy} {facepalm}
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 08 Feb 19, 11:36Post
You can debate if the emission standards make sense or not. But they are in place, Volkswagen knew it, and decided to meet them by using cheat software, as that would further boost their already massive bottom line.

No sympathy here. What they committed is fraud, plain and simple.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 08 Feb 19, 11:49Post
But the memes are great...
Attachments
VW_B52.jpg
VW_B52.jpg (7.85 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
VW_Train.jpg
VW_Train.jpg (87.47 KiB) Viewed 4954 times
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
bhmbaglock 08 Feb 19, 14:07Post
mhodgson wrote:We've had several similar situations here - I'm not sure what the reason for such high levels of storage was (It was pre the 2008 crash) but I remember flying over the former Upper Heyford USAF base (among others); it's huge runway was covered in vehicles.

That was 2016 when the situation had improved; I recall the runway being about 50% full, though not as much as seen in this Google Earth archive image from 2004:
Heyford2004.png

We get lots of cars parked on the ramp in BHM every year typically around August-December. The local auto manufacturers first store up some current year production before re-tooling for the new year and then store some new year production before release as well.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 08 Feb 19, 15:04Post
Lies, false emission reports, etc. It's all true.

And it's still a better diesel engine than anything us Yanks can produce.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 13 Feb 19, 17:49Post
A Connecticut woman was severely hurt when she lit a quarter stick of dynamite that she believed was a candle during a power outage in her home — and is now suing its former owner for the mishap, according to a report.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/13/woman-mis ... tage-suit/
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 13 Feb 19, 19:08Post
For the second time in as many weeks, a Florida Man has been arrested for battering a woman with a burrito, according to court records.

Click the linky

Now...I've been assaulted by burritos before. I'm not referring to any gas station mutants or Taco Bell; we're talking about authentic 4 alarm someone has to pull a gun on me before I'll drop a duece rolled up bits of heaven.

But come on Florida... :))
Mark 13 Feb 19, 19:34Post
GQfluffy wrote:
For the second time in as many weeks, a Florida Man has been arrested for battering a woman with a burrito, according to court records.

I've gotten 2nd degree burns from refried beans. Burritos can be hazardous.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 13 Feb 19, 20:51Post
Mark wrote:I've gotten 2nd degree burns from refried beans.

Me too, and that was just on the way out...
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 13 Feb 19, 23:00Post
My diet consists mostly of burritos and refried beans. Y'all are amateurs.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 13 Feb 19, 23:08Post
tb.jpg
tb.jpg (81.21 KiB) Viewed 4915 times
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 14 Feb 19, 02:54Post
Bring it!
Fumanchewd 18 Mar 19, 00:10Post
GQfluffy wrote:Lies, false emission reports, etc. It's all true.

And it's still a better diesel engine than anything us Yanks can produce.

Eh. After decades of Europe selling their people on diesels, now they are forcing them out. Diesel car days are numbered.

https://www.reuters.com/article/europe- ... SL8N1WS22L
"Give us a kiss, big tits."
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 26 Mar 19, 21:52Post
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (364.71 KiB) Viewed 4821 times

"Win a flight to Brazil and make an entirely new experience! Let the adventure begin."

Seriously, Air France? #af447 {facepalm}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 26 Mar 19, 21:54Post
Zak wrote:"Win a flight to Brazil and make an entirely new experience! Let the adventure begin."

While there, be sure to go to the market and check out the stalls...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Mar 19, 08:39Post
I went to Bing Maps, in hopes of more up-to-date imagery than Google's. Bashed in "TLV".

Bing suggested "Ben-Gurion Airport, Ben-Gurion Airport, Central District, Israel", with a little plane icon next to it. So far, so good.

I clicked.

We couldn’t find any matches for:

Ben-Gurion Airport, Ben-Gurion Airport, Central District, Israel

Check the spelling or add more details such as the city or country.

Search the web for "Ben-Gurion Airport, Ben-Gurion Airport, Central District, Israel"

Report a Problem

Seriously? {sarcastic}

After all that, the imagery appears to be pretty much the same age, with the same wing of the terminal under construction.
xwizard (Founding Member) 27 Mar 19, 10:45Post
After all that, the imagery appears to be pretty much the same age, with the same wing of the terminal under construction.[/quote]

The image on apple maps appears to be of the same vintage as well - maybe some prescription on the displaying of updated satellite photos of Israel?

Mind you, can't say I'm surprised about Bing - the aerial photo for HKG is at least 6 years old and the one of downtown Kowloon at least three years old....mind you, who actually uses Bing these days {boxed} {boxed} {boxed}
Lovin' the smell of avgas in the morning....
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 27 Mar 19, 11:23Post
xwizard wrote:The image on apple maps appears to be of the same vintage as well - maybe some prescription on the displaying of updated satellite photos of Israel?

Could be. Frankly, I was surprised that the whole airport wasn't pixellated.

Then again, it's not like the current opposition seem to be putting any thought into where they throw rockets. (Or even into not throwing them "by mistake".)

Perhaps I shouldn't say that, given that ten days from now I'll be in a high-rise hotel they can probably just about see from their window. {boxed}

xwizard wrote:mind you, who actually uses Bing these days {boxed} {boxed} {boxed}

I check their maps when Google's imagery isn't up to the job (and Bing's imagery of Oulu is fantastically detailed, shame it doesn't go out to the airport), but otherwise, Bing who?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 30 Mar 19, 14:29Post
Sky News:

World War II Hurricane fighter jet

{facepalm}
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 17 May 19, 07:20Post
Hertz: rent a car, go to jail.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27976/peo ... len-report

There are 30+ cases reported with people who rented cars from Hertz ending up handcuffed and jailed because Hertz erroneously reported the cars as stolen.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 May 19, 08:41Post
Zak wrote:Hertz: rent a car, go to jail.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Last time I rented from them in the US, I woke up on my last morning there to find that three tyres had been slashed overnight. (Motel 6... yeah.) I called Hertz, who wanted to send a tow truck. Told them my flight was leaving in three hours and I didn't have time for that. "Leave the keys under the mat in the driver's side footwell, get a cab, have a nice flight."

A week later, back in Finland, I had a bad feeling about that. I called them up to make sure they had the car back, and it was chaos. They had absolutely no idea where that brand new Mustang convertible was. {crazy}

It took a further week of me calling them every day before they finally found it, still sitting in their local tow company's lot. Fully expecting to rock up at US immigration next time and have my face ground into the carpet at multiple gunpoints, I made them email me confirmation that they had found the car and we were cool. You bet your ass I had that printed out and tucked into my passport when I went back to the US.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 19 Jun 19, 13:14Post
Do you want Password1234? Because this is how you get Password1234. {bored}

passwordfail.png
passwordfail.png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 4648 times
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 20 Jun 19, 11:59Post
1999:

Problem: Your $1 light bulb isn't working anymore.
Solution: Replace the bulb. Problem solved.

2019:

Problem: Your $99 light bulb isn't working anymore.
Solution: ... well, see for yourself:

Not The Onion.