You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

New Fail Thread

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 30 Jan 21, 10:48Post
Internet-connected chastity belt, what could possibly go wrong?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4ad5xp/ ... y-a-hacker
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 11 Mar 21, 22:39Post
Troubleshooting a computer at work. Accidentally set it on fire. So now I know what's wrong with it. :))

Also, not one extinguisher suitable for electrical fires on the entire floor...
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 11 Mar 21, 22:50Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Troubleshooting a computer at work. Accidentally set it on fire. So now I know what's wrong with it. :))

Also, not one extinguisher suitable for electrical fires on the entire floor...

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 Sep 21, 20:25Post
Fail and learning on an equal level occurred today.

Landed at AMS mid-morning. Firstly, we were booked on U2 on this heap:

Which is a dreadful shed but it did give me a chance to dust off the old U2 A319 debacle story and impart it on fresh ears. Every cloud...

We got there very early having landed in the same time zone as the terminal for once and Captain hasty being eager to get back to the glorious MAN weather, so had to sit and wait for our checked baggage which had clearly caught the baggage mishandlers by surprise. This being AMS there were dog patrols. One particular unit, featuring a Spaniel who I christened Sniffy McNumpty, sits down next to my learned colleague. Now we all know what this means and I'm ready for a massive delay while we both get searched.

Not this genius. He starts stroking the dog and, by the time several other officers had joined us and before the dog handler realised what was going on, had managed to feed the evidently hungry mutt a selection of Italian meats from a sandwich he bought at MAN.
He petted and fed a sniffer dog that had singled him out!
Thankfully the dog has a habit of sniffing out a nice snack and was actually going for the sandwich, though we did get our bags searched anyway. Poor little Sniffy's face as we left without feeding him the rest of the sandwich {cry}

This is the third time either myself or a travel companion have been wrongly singled out by a sniffer dog, turns out the are just dumb mutts like the rest of their kin.
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Sep 21, 22:31Post
JLAmber wrote:dust off the old U2 A319 debacle story

This is the double overwing exit thing? I know it roughly, but I'd love to hear the juicy details. In the spirit of allowing you to impart it on fresh ears :)

This is the third time either myself or a travel companion have been wrongly singled out by a sniffer dog, turns out the are just dumb mutts like the rest of their kin.

MAN's are just as useless as AMS':

https://www.vice.com/en/article/9a88gy/ ... rs-luggage

I guess they're good for enforcing the EU/UK war on ham sandwiches {duck}
fiatstilojtd 04 Dec 21, 19:56Post
Ordering fake driving licenses in the Darkweb.

Going to the Police to file a report that you transferred 4.600 EUR in total to German and UK bank accounts, but never received them... {boggled}

If asked by the Police Officer why they do not go to a driving school and get a driving license the legal way: "We would never pass the test" {boggled}

Wonder why they are getting in serious legal trouble for reporting that. {boggled}

https://www.krone.at/2572758
Non vitae sed scholae discimus