You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

JFK Immigration/Norse Fail

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 Apr 23, 17:06Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/n ... c367&ei=20

So, I had to laugh. . . . moreso at the US Customs and Non-Border Protection, but a tad bit at Norse Atlantic.

A plane load of people got out of JFK and didn't clear customs.

Reality, thousands of shitbags do so every day, despite the best (cough, cough,cough, vomit, cough) efforts of the US Gov't. Hamstrung by the fuckstick in the White House - we can debate that later.

But seriously, US Customs, you sent a note to these passengers and asked them to return to JFK this morning at 0900, Lane E to clear Customs

You folks there really need to put down the Crack Pipe. Hell, some of those folks are now on their farms in Jerkwater Tennessee or delivering what ever in Chicago or any other Democrat led city, or simply doing business as usual . . . . they will NOT show up at JFK this morning.

I can tell you, I'd tell you to fuck off . . . next time do your job.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 06 Apr 23, 20:28Post
Sure, just let me go to the hotel and unpack that cocaine, and I'll be right back. {sarcastic}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 07 Apr 23, 08:43Post
Even if you're only staying in NYC rather than continuing a journey, JFK is a pain to get to. Going to take a chunk of time and money for some paperwork.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 08 Apr 23, 21:52Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Sure, just let me go to the hotel and unpack that cocaine, and I'll be right back. {sarcastic}

This. Plus what mhodgson said. Completely pathetic all the way around.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Apr 23, 11:54Post
mhodgson wrote:Even if you're only staying in NYC rather than continuing a journey, JFK is a pain to get to. Going to take a chunk of time and money for some paperwork.

I don't understand why they asked them to come back to JFK. There are loads of custom points in NY, they could have just asked them to show their papers at the nearest one. This is fairly common practice with port authorities who are often 9-5 and will send you a link to the nearby customs offices or tell you to check in when they open if you're staying locally. But yeah, let's schlep back to the arse end of JFK terminal 7, like that's going to happen.
A million great ideas...