You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

Friday Stupid Thread- Hitoshis Real Identity?

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 11 Nov 22, 14:12Post
So now we are many years+ past 'Whiners and even 'Whiners II, did we ever really find out who was playing the part of Hitoshi? I have my suspicion, but before I die I would like to know for sure who it was.

Or, maybe more to the point, which one of us it was? :))

This may be the biggest conspiracy of the Johan era of Airliners.net.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 12 Nov 22, 01:25Post
Queso wrote:which one of us it was?

miamiair
Make Orwell fiction again.
Mark 12 Nov 22, 13:48Post
I think it was Mike Harkins. I can't remember his online name right now.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 13 Nov 22, 13:26Post
Wasn't me. I don't need a fake screen name to be an asshole. . . . I come by it naturally. {silly} {silly} {silly} {silly} {silly} {silly}
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 14 Nov 22, 10:20Post
ShyFlyer wrote:
Queso wrote:which one of us it was?

miamiair

Not I.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 12 Dec 22, 03:23Post
Someone here was trying to tell me that Scotty and Coz weren't the same person, but I remember they were from the same area.

Not sure about Hito's ID, but I wonder sometimes how NAS'ers (and Liners and Whiners) are doing. Could've been Ted for all I know. {boggled}
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 12 Dec 22, 11:47Post
Paging JLAmber, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

If anyone is going to know, he's the one to have an inkling.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Mark 12 Dec 22, 11:59Post
I've been here since April 2009?

My last posts in that big site were in August 2009?

Man... No wonder I'm grey and sore and can't fit in Y seats anymore.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
JCSEA 18 Dec 22, 20:22Post
Allstarflyer wrote:Could've been Ted for all I know. {boggled}
{crazy}
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 18 Dec 22, 21:09Post
Mark wrote:I think it was Mike Harkins. I can't remember his online name right now.

Copa/Spicoli. Wasn't him, or his brother. DocK/Kieron747 was behind a lot of the early troll accounts on A-net and the like but Hito outlived him.

Allstarflyer wrote:Someone here was trying to tell me that Scotty and Coz weren't the same person, but I remember they were from the same area.

They're not. Coz is Steve Raw, the man who set up the God account that did well on social media for a number of years. Scotty is Scotty Weinberg, a man of limited intellect from a wealthy family in AZ.

miamiair wrote:Paging JLAmber, please pick up the white courtesy phone...

If anyone is going to know, he's the one to have an inkling.

{laugh}

Hito was outed after getting into a row online. He was a middle-aged guy from Hawaii who played guitar in a crap band and worked for the planning department of a local authority. I don't recall his real name but he did have some connection to Dustin who was behind the infamous US757-200 accounts. IIRC, Dustin and his son were friends.

I have all the details somewhere in a storage container {boxed}
A million great ideas...
Mark 18 Dec 22, 21:47Post
JLAmber wrote:Coz is Steve Raw, the man who set up the God account that did well on social media for a number of years.

I knew Steve a long time ago. Still run into him every now and then. I figured out he was God long before anyone else knew. I see he has 3.8 million followers on Facebook. Has quite the franchise going. Who would ever believe that what started out as a joke persona would turn into a big bucks operation like he has?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Dec 22, 12:42Post
Mark wrote:
JLAmber wrote:Coz is Steve Raw, the man who set up the God account that did well on social media for a number of years.

I knew Steve a long time ago. Still run into him every now and then. I figured out he was God long before anyone else knew. I see he has 3.8 million followers on Facebook. Has quite the franchise going. Who would ever believe that what started out as a joke persona would turn into a big bucks operation like he has?

I don't think it's still his, or at least not in its entirety. The facebook page appears to be registered to a click farming media group now and has one of the lowest interaction rates of any large page, probably due to one of the admins banning anyone who doesn't nod in cultish agreement.
I was in the first ten followers back when it was starting up as a sympathy page to sell T-shirts and sob stories that was born out of a Non-Av thread. Got out of there when the fundraisers began.

Hito, like Blackbird (the original Blackbird, not the subsequent fake accounts) isn't as interesting as people hope for. There are some real oddballs out there but the death of forums and often the consequences of their habits means most are consigned to history.
A million great ideas...
Mark 19 Dec 22, 16:50Post
JLAmber wrote:
Mark wrote:

I don't think it's still his, or at least not in its entirety. The facebook page appears to be registered to a click farming media group now and has one of the lowest interaction rates of any large page, probably due to one of the admins banning anyone who doesn't nod in cultish agreement.
I was in the first ten followers back when it was starting up as a sympathy page to sell T-shirts and sob stories that was born out of a Non-Av thread. Got out of there when the fundraisers began.

Come to think of it, I noticed a change in the God Facebook page a couple of years ago. Maybe that's when the click farming media group bought it or something. Whatever. Steve's God was compassionate and was an inherently benevolent savior, for the lack of a better word. I've actually seen him address posts from people in crisis who were reaching out to "God" for help. Steve, true to character, always helped them through their predicaments. To this day, I wonder how many suicides he's prevented just by being online as "God" at the right time.

Here's another sliver of a memory. Some of us talked about golden calves under the guise of airliner debauchery at some point. What faction or group was that? My mind's fuzzy.

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 31 Jan 23, 21:43Post
Mark wrote:Here's another sliver of a memory. Some of us talked about golden calves under the guise of airliner debauchery at some point. What faction or group was that? My mind's fuzzy.

NonAv. The Golden Calf's poetry in the NonAv facebook group is, erm, interesting.
A million great ideas...