You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

Any Good Movies To Watch?

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 06 Apr 22, 15:22Post
Has anyone seen anything noteworthy?

Top Gun 2 is due out in the US 27 MAY 22. Yeah, I'll watch it.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 06 Apr 22, 15:44Post
Films and TV shows these days seem mostly garbage.

Watch mostly car channels on Youtube anymore when/if I have time.

Most of the time I fall asleep before getting 10 minutes into any of them anyway. {bored}

Vice Grip Garage is a good one. Small town guy from Stanley, ND not too far from me...lived in MSP and moved to Tennessee to get away from...well...MSP. Great guy, gives back to the community and very patriotic.

AvE is also a great one...Canadian, from BC it seems...not kid friendly...hilarious. Mostly about his shop hijinks...but does do a few things with his family.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 06 Apr 22, 15:50Post
We've been watching Yellowstone on Peacock, Succession on HBO+. Billions has lost its allure. While on vacation, we watched Band of Brothers again; enjoyed it more the second time around.

YouTube is another matter all together. Watch the Miami River boat channels (there are three), a lot of the Police Activity as well as some of the First Amendment Audit channels like Lack Luster.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 06 Apr 22, 15:54Post
Now that I think about it...I thought the Jack Reacher series on Prime was pretty good.
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 06 Apr 22, 16:09Post
GQfluffy wrote:Now that I think about it...I thought the Jack Reacher series on Prime was pretty good.

If they do all the books, we're on to something. The first book on Prime was very good, even though there a few pleasant changes.
CentrelinePhoto 09 Apr 22, 12:15Post
Not a new movie, but one I go back to often and always recommend when asked:

Smoke (William Hurt, Harvey Keitel, Stockard Channing, Forest Whitaker).

If you can find it (it's from the mid-90s) watch it. Just don't ask me to give you a synopsis...it's impossible 8)
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.