You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

Another Darwin Nominee Receives Their Award

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

DXing 21 Jan 22, 12:16Post
I used to ride superbikes and became inured to requests to do wheelies, stoppies, and all sorts of other insane stuff from young riders. I would tell them that you don't get to be my age by doing those kinds of things on city streets or parking lots. YouTube is full of Darwin award nominees waiting to receive their awards. Now, because of knees I don't quite trust anymore, I'm riding a 3 wheeler and I actually like it more than my last motorcycle.

Anyway, this guy deserves his fate. The video is horrific and not for the faint of heart. There is simply no way you stand up on the pegs at that speed or do any of the other things he was doing without knowing in your heart that you just don't care what happens to yourself. California is the only State in the Union that allows lane splitting and I've never understood why. Got to be one of the most dangerous "legal" maneuvers allowed anywhere in the country. I only hope those in the car weren't injured too badly even though the driver will probably be held responsible in some way as it appears the car was making a left turn. If I were on a jury I'd cut them loose. Not their fault someone else was doing something profoundly ridiculous. For some morbid reason I can't explain, I'd like to know how high that guy flew up and how far down range he landed after the impact.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles-motorcyclist-dies-horrific-crash-video
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 21 Jan 22, 12:29Post
Definitely won his award.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen