You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

A Blast From The Past For The Old Bunch

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 05 Nov 20, 18:38Post
I was going through some records and ran across this. Of course I know Miamiair, but I don't remember who the other recipients were (DLX, maybe?) Also interesting that the e-mails weren't sent individually, revealing the addresses of others who may not have wanted them to be semi-public.

Peps e-mail 2007.PNG
Peps e-mail 2007.PNG (42.52 KiB) Viewed 579 times

Wow. As if I needed a reminder, it sure makes me glad I am not over there any more, I can only imagine what it must have been like behind the scenes.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 05 Nov 20, 19:03Post
Yup, that was DLX. Good times.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
DXing 05 Nov 20, 19:06Post
I didn't get a nice letter like that. The moderator just told me goodbye. I think he was still upset over my making fun of his clown pants at the LAS meet after he lost his checked bag and it was somehow all he could find to wear.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 06 Nov 20, 09:46Post
DXing wrote:I didn't get a nice letter like that. The moderator just told me goodbye. I think he was still upset over my making fun of his clown pants at the LAS meet after he lost his checked bag and it was somehow all he could find to wear.

That would have been Stevie? What ever happen to he that imparts a vacuum on the male chicken?
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 Nov 20, 21:44Post
I'm a real prick ain't I. {drillsergeant} {guns} :)

Not long after that, Monique, that PV_#(_*RUB!@%, canned half the Moderator Crew.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 Nov 20, 21:48Post
miamiair wrote:That would have been Stevie? What ever happen to he that imparts a vacuum on the male chicken?

SRB played internet tough guy to a genuine tough guy, then went to a meet at LAS where he found out exactly why that was a bad idea. After crying foul because his family were present at his humbling, he left the crew and dropped the old moniker. I believe he still haunts the annuls of Anet under a new pseudonym.
A million great ideas...
Mark 06 Nov 20, 21:53Post
The old days of A.net was memorable. The moderator crew that's in place now has no clue what happened back then. Steven Brown is just a skidmark on the underwear of history.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 06 Nov 20, 23:19Post
JLAmber wrote:SRB played internet tough guy to a genuine tough guy, then went to a meet at LAS where he found out exactly why that was a bad idea.

Okay, so what did you do to him? {mischief}
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 20 Nov 20, 22:29Post
Zak wrote:
JLAmber wrote:SRB played internet tough guy to a genuine tough guy, then went to a meet at LAS where he found out exactly why that was a bad idea.

Okay, so what did you do to him? {mischief}

In the words of the great Shaggy, it wasn't me. For the record, I also offered no words of encouragement to the individual involved. Any geographical closeness to my in-laws is purely coincidental.
A million great ideas...
captoveur 23 Nov 20, 16:00Post
I sincerely hope SRBs possible ass kicking was painful and I am sad I am only now, more than a decade later, hearing about it.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
Mark 23 Nov 20, 22:35Post
captoveur wrote:I sincerely hope SRBs possible ass kicking was painful and I am sad I am only now, more than a decade later, hearing about it.

I saw some of it happen online and heard from one mod in person about it and it sounded like it wasn't pretty.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 24 Nov 20, 03:50Post
I remember, but did not attend the LAS meet. I was certainly no fan of SOB...um...I mean SRB, so I'm kinda sad that I'm only hearing of his comeuppance now.
Make Orwell fiction again.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Nov 20, 19:50Post
Mark wrote:
captoveur wrote:I sincerely hope SRBs possible ass kicking was painful and I am sad I am only now, more than a decade later, hearing about it.

I saw some of it happen online and heard from one mod in person about it and it sounded like it wasn't pretty.

There was a thread about it over there, but it seems to have either been archived or removed.
A million great ideas...