You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

Bald Eagle takes down government drone

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

DXing 14 Aug 20, 23:08Post
Score one for wild life,

A bald eagle took down a government drone in Michigan, state officials said Thursday.

The bird of prey attacked the Phantom 4 Pro Advanced quodcopter drone about 162 feet in the sky on July 21, "tearing off a propeller and sending the aircraft to the bottom of Lake Michigan," according to the state Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy.

"The attack could have been a territorial squabble with the electronic foe, or just a hungry eagle," the department said.

https://news.yahoo.com/bald-eagle-takes-down-government-232450635.html

You go bald eagle, you go!!! {laugh} {laugh} {thumbsup}
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 15 Aug 20, 08:38Post
Can I borrow that eagle? The sad-sack who insists on taking his drone to the local beach needs a lesson in air superiority.

I was once intercepted by a golden eagle while flying a Piper Warrior through the Scottish glens. He had the good sense not to attack it, but still dived in and held station off the wingtip, hanging around just long enough to show us whose airspace we were in before peeling away. I've no doubt that he would have made short work of a drone.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 15 Aug 20, 09:10Post
Also a good excuse to post this.

"Drones are trying to be regulated"? Now you just sound stupid.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.