You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

What's Your Weather Like? Part 2

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

DXing 29 May 20, 15:00Post
I saw the first thread was locked so here goes part 2.

Here in northern Ohio in the month of May we've had the latest measurable snowfall ever, followed by the earliest ever rainfall from a subtropical system. May 11th saw an official snowfall of 0.2 inches at the airport but places like my home and especially those on the east side saw a bit to a lot more. Then yesterday, what was left of tropical storm Bertha passed just east of Ohio and dropped some rain.

It has been one wet spring here. The backyard was looking like a swamp/jungle until I just sucked it up and cut the whole thing with a weed whacker. Been trying to get some much needed painting done but between the cold weather and rain/snow it was a no go. Now going to have to wait until the midge season is over in about 2 weeks. {frown}

Meanwhile my friend over in Scotland says it's been one of the most pleasant springs he can remember. And over in Prague I see they are in the midst of a catastrophic drought.

The Atlantic hurricane season is forecast to be an active one.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2020-atlantic-hurricane-season-forecast-tropical-storms-activity-noaa

It's been 15 years since Katrina and that several year spell of active hurricane seasons. I'm a firm believer that these things are cyclical so we are about due for a couple of years of storms. Hopefully I'm wrong.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 29 May 20, 20:30Post
The UK has experienced bizarre weather pretty much since the lockdown began. Originally we were recording some of the lowest temperatures, with records broken right into the second week of May but are now seeing some of the hottest and driest weather recorded at this time of year. There was something very odd for a couple of months where we hardly saw any Westerly winds which, facing the North Atlantic (via Ireland) is unprecedented (if you're ever speaking to a UK West coast farmer, ask them about it, some strange stuff has been happening). The UK record for the longest sustained gust of Easterly wind was broken twice at our local observatory, both times by more than three times the previous record and we've broken all wind-speed records for May with some gusts topping 85mph. It was almost like there was a barrier just West of Ireland blocking our usual West-dominated weather, which may be part of:

DXing wrote:It's been 15 years since Katrina and that several year spell of active hurricane seasons. I'm a firm believer that these things are cyclical so we are about due for a couple of years of storms. Hopefully I'm wrong.

We are forecast to see near-record temperatures and dry weather until June 4th when normal service will be resumed.

DXing wrote:Meanwhile my friend over in Scotland says it's been one of the most pleasant springs he can remember.

Scotland has seen above average rainfall for every week this year (unlike the rest of the UK) but when it clears they have had some glorious weather. Unbelievably, Inverness was the hottest place in the UK today. There will be some bright red Scotsmen tonight!
A million great ideas...
Fumanchewd 02 Jun 20, 17:22Post
Forecast for Thursday is 111F/44C, summer is here.

"Give us a kiss, big tits."