You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

The Random Thoughts Thread

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 11 Mar 20, 03:49Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:What did they charge you with, and was she worth it? :))

It was one of those ridiculous "1-mile" restraining orders. My binocs don't reach that far, so I strayed a bit a few times. I'm a curious person.

What’s in the MoonPie box
1 ______
/  /  / /|
| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄| |
| | |
|_______| /

Elli surprise it is me I have changed
   ____
 /(´・_・`) /\
| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|\
| | |
|      |/
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

@Shy, yes, hot ones with incredible looks that angrily speak Russian and Finnish when you say the wrong thing.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 11 Mar 20, 14:24Post
Lucas wrote:@Shy, yes, hot ones with incredible looks that angrily speak Russian and Finnish when you say the wrong thing.

...and all I could find were mono-lingual nurses and teachers that got bored easily so I branched out to Wyoming.
Make Orwell fiction again.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 11 Mar 20, 15:19Post
Lucas wrote: hot ones with incredible looks that angrily speak Russian and Finnish when you say the wrong thing.

You need to get over here, man. Maybe if you head towards the border you'll get some Russian-speakers; if not, find a good one and show her some dashcam videos, she'll pick up enough to swear at you :)

BTW, the Code tag on here works well for ASCII art (within reason!), tabulated data, etc., putting everything into a monospaced font that'll look the same when posted as it does in the posting box.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 11 Mar 20, 18:58Post
JLAmber wrote:... routinely capable of predicting details at mathematically proven odds of 40bn-1 (will only happen a handful of times in earth's history, almost certainly never in human existence)

Ha!

HA!!!

For decades, we've been waiting for you to make a mistake, and now it finally happened!

So you say that predicting details at mathematically proven odds of 40bn-1 will happen a handful of times in earth's history, but not in human existence.

So who will make these predictions then, if it's not a human?

What planet are you from, JL? Confess! :))
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 14 Mar 20, 03:34Post
The panic buying continues, apparently unabated. The Walmart in Centennial is completely out of Toilet paper and paper towels. Curiously, Scott-brand shop towels, an entire end-cap's worth, was left untouched. I bought a couple of rolls as a back-up plan. Seriously.

Aisles also stripped clean were the breakfast cereal and non-perishable goods. Isles for frozen foods and lunch meats were about 20% of full inventory.

If we haven't already, we will very soon reach a point where people in virus panic will have caused a secondary panic amongst people who are just trying to go about their normal shopping habits.
Make Orwell fiction again.
airtrainer 14 Mar 20, 08:01Post
ShyFlyer wrote:If we haven't already, we will very soon reach a point where people in virus panic will have caused a secondary panic amongst people who are just trying to go about their normal shopping habits.

Exactly ! Had to go to the supermarket yesterday evening, no more food, fresh or frozen. The cashier told me people were queuing at the entrance one hour before the opening... While all public gatherings are cancelled and to be avoided, there are more people in supermarkets than ever. If there is something the World should fight against, it's not hunger, poverty or terrorism, it's human stupidity {redflag}
Grounded...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Mar 20, 11:34Post
Some joker pointed out that all the toilet rolls were being bought up by men who will have nothing else to do for two weeks ;)

On that note, expect the maternity wards to be overwhelmed right around Christmas...
Mark 14 Mar 20, 16:47Post
I are a patriot.

Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 Mar 20, 18:34Post
Zak wrote:
JLAmber wrote:... routinely capable of predicting details at mathematically proven odds of 40bn-1 (will only happen a handful of times in earth's history, almost certainly never in human existence)

Ha!

HA!!!

For decades, we've been waiting for you to make a mistake, and now it finally happened!

So you say that predicting details at mathematically proven odds of 40bn-1 will happen a handful of times in earth's history, but not in human existence.

So who will make these predictions then, if it's not a human?

What planet are you from, JL? Confess! :))

That brings me to the question: If a tree falls on earth when all the humans have died of excessive arse wiping, does the tree make a sound?
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Mar 20, 18:51Post
JLAmber wrote:That brings me to the question: If a tree falls on earth when all the humans have died of excessive arse wiping, does the tree make a sound?

If the humans all died of excessive arse wiping, are there any trees left?
Mark 14 Mar 20, 20:22Post
I heard on the news last night that the wood pulp used for most of Britain's toilet rolls comes from Malaysia.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175