You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

Grand Tour: Season 2

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 31 Dec 17, 18:04Post
So far, I am enjoying season 2 much better than seasons 1.

Episode 4 in particular was really good. I laughed uncontrollably when the real fire brigade showed up to deal with the grass fire.
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 31 Dec 17, 18:35Post
Season 2 is absolutely brilliant so far. They found the old "Top Gear" spirit again, which did not make too many appearances in season 1.

The show gained a lot by all the stuff that has been removed again. I could do without "Celebrity Face-off" as well. It's not horrible, but the guests they had so far didn't really thrill me.

But all those epic moments certainly make up for that. Won't miss a single epsiode this season.
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 31 Dec 17, 19:17Post
The awards episode nearly killed me, especially the continuity bit. {laugh}
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 31 Dec 17, 19:25Post
Lucas wrote:The awards episode nearly killed me

I remember that feeling from episode 1.

Signed,
Richard Hammond

:))
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Jan 18, 13:43Post
I personally thought the new series started off pretty weakly, which was understandable given the changes that had to be made, but episodes 3 & 4 have picked up a lot. It's refreshing to see a show admit they got some things wrong and change them for the better. Conversation Street (genuinely conceived because the BBC copyrighted the phrase "And now for the news", along with "And on that bombshell") is very good.

Zak wrote:I could do without "Celebrity Face-off" as well. It's not horrible, but the guests they had so far didn't really thrill me.

But the Hoff was on?!? {boxed}
A million great ideas...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 26 Jan 18, 01:56Post
This is now a CivAv thread:

8)
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Jan 18, 05:23Post
Even celebrity FOff is getting better, it seems.

The jokes about Hammond are glorious.