You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

Dead Pool 2022

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 Dec 22, 21:41Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Mona, aka Mona Lisa Ramona some other bollocks, aka I Just Cleaned That Rug You Furry Little Bastard, aka Pissy-Cat, dead at 19.

Not guilty.

{laugh} 19 is some innings for a cat. Pretty sure it hung around extra long just to annoy you {mischief}
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 08 Dec 22, 03:09Post
JLAmber wrote: {laugh} 19 is some innings for a cat. Pretty sure it hung around extra long just to annoy you {mischief}

Towards the end, we - well, I wouldn't say we made peace, more like we both decided we were too old for this shit. I could see it was struggling to get up to the places it used to, so I bought some small storage boxes for it to use as stairs. First time it figured out how to use those, it climbed up on the sofa between us, looked at us both, then sat in my lap. Didn't stay long before it hissed, swiped at me, and bailed, but that's the closest I'll ever get to gratitude from that hateball so I'll take it.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 11 Dec 22, 19:34Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:
JLAmber wrote: {laugh} 19 is some innings for a cat. Pretty sure it hung around extra long just to annoy you {mischief}

Towards the end, we - well, I wouldn't say we made peace, more like we both decided we were too old for this shit. I could see it was struggling to get up to the places it used to, so I bought some small storage boxes for it to use as stairs. First time it figured out how to use those, it climbed up on the sofa between us, looked at us both, then sat in my lap. Didn't stay long before it hissed, swiped at me, and bailed, but that's the closest I'll ever get to gratitude from that hateball so I'll take it.

I have had cats . . . . correction: my 1st Wife had Cats. "We" paid for all three of those "cats" to be inoculated, sequestered at FRA for three days, loaded on an LH742 (along with our car) and flown back to JFK. "We" insisted on bringing those cats stateside. "We" paid a shit ton of 1984 $$$ (2000.00 US in fact) to do that (car notwithstanding). "We" made happy, happy, happy all the way across the pond, over hill and dale to Lake George, NY, pussies whining all the way north. Never got rid of those little shits until my first wife succumbed to cancer in 1988.

Never had another cat. Never will.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Mark 13 Dec 22, 16:22Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Mona, aka Mona Lisa Ramona some other bollocks, aka I Just Cleaned That Rug You Furry Little Bastard, aka Pissy-Cat, dead at 19.

Not guilty.

Best cat I ever had was a male alley cat named Tommy. He was old when I first brought him home in 1966. We tried to litter box train him, but he just preferred to meow at the backdoor to go out to relieve himself. He never peed or pooped in the house. He got hit by a car in 1970.

We had two other cats throughout the 1970's. Those goddamned things peed everywhere in the house. As a result of them, I hate cats to this day.
Commercial aircraft flown in: B712 B722 B732 B734 B737 B738 B741 B742 B744 B752 B753 B762 B772 A310 A318 A319 A320 A321 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83 A223 CR2 CR7 E175
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 13 Dec 22, 23:10Post
Mark wrote:He got hit by a car in 1970.

A potty-trained cat, there's a first...

Ex lived right by the highway when we were together. But she took Pissy-Cat outside once a year, and it would hide behind a rock and cry till she took it back in. I must admit to wishing more than once that it had been the adventurous type {mischief}

ANCFlyer wrote:Never got rid of those little shits until my first wife succumbed to cancer in 1988.

Pissy-Cat set itself on fire once and I still didn't manage to get rid of it. Dumb bastard jumped up onto the kitchen table during dinner (ugh! I don't need your crusty pencil-sharpener in my face!), and was instantly intrigued by a candle. Sniffed, burned its nose, jumped back, burned its ass on the other candle, and started haring around the flat like its tail was on fire. Because it was. At the time, Ex liked chaos even more than she liked cats, so random tissues and bits of newspaper caught alight all over the place as clumps of tail- and ass-hair burned through and fell on them. She panicked, so I had to chase around the place stamping out small fires until I could corner the animal and - having rapidly calculated the probability of getting any ever again if I didn't - finally throw my beer over it.

After that, I tried convincing her that its coat would be lovely and silky if she rubbed Vaseline into it three times a day, but she didn't fall for it :P

Kind of sad the old bastard's gone, I have to say. Rest in piss, ya filthy animal.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
DXing 21 Dec 22, 13:14Post
Franco Harris, Hall of Fame Pittsburgh Steelers running back, dead at 72, no cause given as of yet.

Harris was a key factor for the Steelers teams that won four Super Bowls between the 1974 and 1979 seasons, becoming the team of the decade, and one of the most formidable franchises in a short space of time in pro football history.

Not that Harris saved all of his best work for the postseason. In 12 years with the Steelers and a 1984 season with the Seattle Seahawks, Harris run 2,949 times for 12,120 yards, 91 rushing touchdowns, 307 receptions for 2,287 receiving yards, and nine receiving touchdowns.

But in the postseason? Harris had 19 playoff games and Super Bowls in which to gain 556 yards and score 19 rushing touchdowns on 400 carries. He also had 51 postseason receptions for 504 yards and one touchdown.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2022/12/21/franco-harris-dies-pittsburgh-steelers-immaculate-reception/
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
DXing 31 Dec 22, 02:48Post
Barbra Walter's, ground breaking female journalist, dead at 93.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/barb ... d=41435083
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
DXing 31 Dec 22, 13:50Post
Jesus decided to make his resignation official, Pope Benedict XVI, first Pope to resign in 600 years, dead at 95.

A statement from Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni on Saturday morning said that: “With sorrow I inform you that Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI died today at 9:34 in the Mater Ecclesia Monastery in the Vatican. Further information will be released as soon as possible.”

https://apnews.com/article/pope-benedict-xvi-dead-9d486fd9b12eab1177b9eb8ab7be22f4
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 31 Dec 22, 22:13Post
DXing wrote:Barbra Walter's, ground breaking female journalist, dead at 93.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/barb ... d=41435083

She did good, right up until she "invented" the "VIEW". Therein lies her only real disaster. Absolutely nothing good ever came out of all those hags babbling for hours each day . . . . the View Sucks. I'd rather shoot my TV with a rifle if that were the only thing on every channel.

Otherwise, RIP Babwa . . . ground-breaking, you did well.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
FlyingAce (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 10 Feb 23, 20:22Post

Not guilty.

So your pissy-cat outlived mom's pissy-cat aka the black-panther-wannabe, aka Sombra (Shadow)... dead at 14 (I think?) last September. I feel for mom, especially because it was less than a month after her 16-year-old cocker spaniel kicked the bucket as well; but I'm glad I haven't had to deal with the cat in several years.
Money can't buy happiness; but it can get you flying, which is pretty much the same.