You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

First Here To Use The Word "Bitcoin".

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 09 Jun 21, 17:28Post
I think that the gov would like their own version of crypto, or to have the same sort of influence. China now has their own type of cryptocurrency, and it can be instantly debited by the government. This also interacts with the social credit score.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 14 Nov 22, 19:23Post
*posts Ukrainian flag*

:))
DXing 16 Nov 22, 21:09Post
FTX has probably opened the door wide for government regulation. Like Enron and the 2008 mortgage crisis, government beaurucrats now have their reason to jump in and bring it under their control.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 17 Nov 22, 14:44Post
DXing wrote:FTX has probably opened the door wide for government regulation. Like Enron and the 2008 mortgage crisis, government beaurucrats now have their reason to jump in and bring it under their control.

There have been several "rug pulls" over the past couple of years (I lost a couple of thousand $$$ on Luna), if that and all their unanswered questions about XRP didn't do it, I doubt FTX will.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Nov 22, 20:12Post
FWIW, the WEF and all its ilk are slobbering to get CBDC so they can further control the populace.

This has been pretty quiet.

NY Fed launches 12-week CBDC pilot program with major banks
Banking giants including BNY Mellon, Citi, U.S. Bank and Wells Fargo will be issuing tokens and settling transactions through simulated central bank reserves as part of the pilot.
DXing 18 Nov 22, 13:08Post
Queso wrote:There have been several "rug pulls" over the past couple of years (I lost a couple of thousand $$$ on Luna), if that and all their unanswered questions about XRP didn't do it, I doubt FTX will.

Big difference. Luna collapsed because the investors themselves lost confidence in the currency. That can happen to any regularly traded stock.

XRP went under because of an actual suit brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for supposedly violating SEC rules about selling unregistered securities, which is allegedly the way XRP executives marketed their cryptocurrency.

Neither of those made the media splash that FTX did because one was initiated by the customers, the other is a technical violation that most people don't understand. FTX is something that most people can understand. A group of individuals took investors for a ride using their money to finance the "executives" (I use that term loosely) lavish lifestyles. What will drive the regulation bus will be the fact that they made several high-profile politicians and media stars look really bad in the process.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?