You are at netAirspace : Forum : The Combustion Chamber - Off-Topics : General Off-Topics

Well, well, well.. . . . . read on.

Everything that would not belong anywhere else.

ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 23 Jun 22, 22:10Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/supre ... e018448767

So, here it is in a nut shell. I carry a gun, every damn day, all damn day, and have since I was 17 years old. I carry the thing on my right hip, it's a Glock 22, a .40 cal, same weapon I carried at AST and other places (DEA for one), I always carry. . . . .

I haven't pulled that trigger in defense of myself, or someone else, in over 20 years. It's still there. Have you checked Chicago news lately?

Alaska is an open carry state, apparently, now, so is New York . . . . now, for the rest of that story.

I do not condone the open wildwest bullshit. We cannot go dropping in to your local steak house with an AR15 slung over your shoulder - that makes you an asshole.

Back in my day - I'm old, fuck off, we had shotguns in the back windows of our pickup trucks . . . in case a moose came along - it was Alaska afterall, lunch may have presented itself.

Last week - you can google this if you like, or fuck off either way - a home invader struck a thousand feet from my house. The owner of said house - yes I know him - held the asshole at gun point until County showed up. Said asshole was in front of the bedroom to his infant daughter.

I'll tell you this, straight up, plain - simple - non vulcan English (for you Trek fans) - I'd have had to replace my carpet upstairs . . . if you don't get the analogy, then we cannot be friends.

The only 911 call would have been to the coroner.

That's all I got. Fire me.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Jun 22, 10:18Post
Well our illustrious and upright DOJ continues to be completely without blemish. Check this out. Wild.

doj.png
doj.png (194.29 KiB) Viewed 1534 times
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 24 Jun 22, 11:41Post
I love how the liberal heads are exploding, calls to dissolve the SCotUS. Horizontal Harris calling it unconstitutional, proving she is a dumb shit.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
DXing 24 Jun 22, 15:29Post
It'll only get worse after today's decision. Pelosi looked ready to cry at the podium.

As to the conceal carry, in my State they changed the law a few weeks ago to where, as a veteran, I can carry without attending a CCW course. I still have to go get a permit but don't have to attend a class. While I tend to agree with that for other reasons, big difference between my situation and someone who was a cook on a naval ship. But even with that change in the law I still don't carry, even openly, because there are just too many places that have the no gun symbol on the door and I don't want to have to think about it.

As to what ANC said, in the home, you betcha, uninvited and menacing, maybe you get a warning to hit the floor and wait for the police, maybe not. If not, I don't lose any sleep.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
captoveur 02 Sep 22, 19:43Post
I do wonder what the end game looks like. A dictator? someone who answers to neither judicial review, or a legislature? That would never go wrong.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 03 Sep 22, 01:58Post
captoveur wrote:I do wonder what the end game looks like. A dictator?

Yup. We're probably four, possibly five administrations away from it.
Make Orwell fiction again.
DXing 04 Sep 22, 00:51Post
The way things are going...the deep state is already pushing the buttons. You don't really think Brandon is running things? Jill Biden, Ron Klain, and Susan Rice are pulling the strings as told to by a cabal of unseen bureaucrats.

Still thinking about purchasing a 9mm rifle. I can carry here in Ohio now but as I said above, I don't bother so I don't have to worry if the store I'm going to has a no gun sign out front.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 07 Sep 22, 23:35Post
Please read the TO here. I carry a gun. Every damn day. A Glock 22 normally, on occasion the Glock 36 on the boot . . . although wearing short pants in 110degree PHX rather constricts that.

That will never change.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!