You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

November 2021 - Meet Up Anyone?

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 16 Aug 21, 11:19Post
Anyone up for a meetup in November? Open to ideas.

ATL
LAX
JFK
MIA
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 Aug 21, 11:22Post
MrsANC and I have to be in MCO for a wedding in November - I could pop down to MIA . . . date dependent of course.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 16 Aug 21, 16:36Post
I have a week of leave which gives me availability from the 7th-16th, subject to whatever restrictions may be in place on TA travel at that point. But I have a lot of Avios burning a hole in my pocket and a strong desire to board a plane!
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Yokes 16 Aug 21, 17:08Post
Tempting. But at the moment its still not possible for Eurpeans to enter the US. Hoping the situation to improve.

On the other side, its possible for US citizens to enter the EU, we could think about a meet over here.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 16 Aug 21, 17:26Post
Yokes wrote:On the other side, its possible for US citizens to enter the EU, we could think about a meet over here.

AMS?
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 16 Aug 21, 17:41Post
AMS in November doesn't sound nearly as appealing as LAX in November, global realities aside.

Work are already filling up my November with crap, so I may or not be able to make a given date... I'll wait for the rest of you to decide, and see whether I can show up.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Yokes 16 Aug 21, 17:47Post
miamiair wrote:
Yokes wrote:On the other side, its possible for US citizens to enter the EU, we could think about a meet over here.

AMS?

AMS would be nice. Even when the temperatures are low its a nice destination. FRA could also be an option.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 16 Aug 21, 17:57Post
LIS is a bit more temperate... {duck} :))
Yokes 16 Aug 21, 19:51Post
miamiair wrote:LIS is a bit more temperate... {duck} :))

MAD as well... ;)
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 16 Aug 21, 20:06Post
BCN... Not the worst!
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
md88dawg 16 Aug 21, 22:11Post
I would love to come for an AMS or Europe meet, but it would likely be next year for me with all this Delta variant going around. I'd also love to see a Greek meet, perhaps CFU and RHO.

I can't commit to anything in November due to some things in the air, but MIA would be my most likely, unless we set that for February as a FLAP alternative (in the case FLAP will be postponed again, understandably).

ATL's best time for the public spots is in the summer, so winter will be tough to photograph unless you have a car. It would be neat to have an ATL meet next summer, perhaps with some Renny time and a visit to the museum. There are surplus sales on Fridays once a month, but I'm not sure how those will go with these new obstacles facing us for the next few months.

LAX is a great option, as we've had in the past right before COVID became front-page news.
DXing 16 Aug 21, 23:14Post
The Artemis-1 SLS is scheduled for a November launch with America's first return to lunar orbit in almost 50 years. I plan to be in the KMCO/KTIX area to watch. Beats a cold and rainy European destination. Hopefully by November the furor over the delta variant will have subsided and those in the UK and EU can travel here with nothing more than a proof of vaccination.
Last edited by DXing on 16 Aug 21, 23:59, edited 2 times in total.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
nickwst 16 Aug 21, 23:14Post
As much as I love ATL, like Ashley said Winter time is not so good. Depending on restrictions, I would be down for LAX or MIA.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 19 Aug 21, 12:48Post
Not likely to be anywhere near any desirable airports at that time, though I'm always up for a quick AMS trip if the times suit. Meets will probably have to wait for next year for me.
A million great ideas...
tangoscar 04 Sep 21, 04:41Post
Yokes wrote:Tempting. But at the moment its still not possible for Eurpeans to enter the US. Hoping the situation to improve.

On the other side, its possible for US citizens to enter the EU, we could think about a meet over here.

Actually; it is possible, but prior to setting foot on US soil you will need to take a little detour and spend 14 days of extra vacation (or working remotely if that is an option) in a country, which is not listed in the executive order ... like Turkey, Mexico, DomRep ... not the worst places to clear the restriction ;)
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 10 Sep 21, 02:38Post
I'll be in the LAX area November 24th through December 2nd if that means anything...
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
DXing 10 Sep 21, 10:27Post
The SLS-Artemis 1 launch has been pushed back into December. If you folks decide on a place I'll see about being there. Except California, won't spend any money in that State till they decide to change their ways.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?