You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

Anyone used Photopea?

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 06 May 20, 16:22Post
New grant, new laptop - and no Photoshop. I'm not using whatever Corel nonsense is supposed to be a viable replacement, and IT aren't going to pay for an Adobe subscription. I'm hanging on to the old laptop as long as possible, but booting it up just to edit shots is a pain.

I tried Gimp, but... dang.

Photopea looks very interesting, and was more than adequate for a quick-and-dirty 'shopping, but I haven't tried editing shots with it. Can't find an Equalize yet, though. Anyone used it to edit aviation photos?
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 May 20, 18:06Post
I have heard that Corel's Affinity is now better than Adobe PS at least with autofill. They had it on sale for $25 recently and I was tempted to buy it...I do not like the whole "subscription" for everything practice these days.

Let me know what you end up with.

Of course I don't take serious pictures and most of what I have now is just from my phone since my Canon died.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 01 Sep 20, 13:40Post
Having now edited some shots with this thing, two glaring omissions:

1. Still haven't found the Equalize function, if it exists.

2. Even if you check "attach metadata" when saving the image, it doesn't embed the EXIF date.

It also annoys me that a large chunk of screen width is taken up by banner ads. Even blocking the ads doesn't get you that space back. I could faff about with custom style sheets, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

Otherwise, it's at least workable.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 01 Sep 20, 14:04Post
I gave up on serious photo-editing when I couldn't get my photos "just right" anywhere but my own computer. So all I do now is resize and/or crop as needed using Photoscape. The free version.
Make Orwell fiction again.