You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

In the "Photos I Wish Were Better" Category..

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 14 Dec 18, 19:46Post
I drove out 60 miles RT this morning to a AF refueling practice track and this, unfortunately, is the best I could get:

KC-135 and C-17.JPG
KC-135 and C-17.JPG (578.7 KiB) Viewed 937 times

Seems it's harder to take pics of 2 planes flying at FL210 than it is a single A380 flying at FL410. I know, I know, some day maybe I'll get a REAL camera. I sure wanted to get that shot, I was in a good spot, lighting was good, and we apparently have nothing like it in the database.
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Dec 18, 20:24Post
Photos I wish were better? All of mine {boxed}

It looks like you've centred them damn near perfectly. Perhaps that's the problem, with blue sky in the middle your focus had nothing to work with?

Used to love those rare days, waiting for the bus to work and watching an E-3 being refuelled directly overhead. I'm sure it happened far more often than I saw it, but... Scotland.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 14 Dec 18, 20:31Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:It looks like you've centred them damn near perfectly. Perhaps that's the problem, with blue sky in the middle your focus had nothing to work with?

Well, to be honest that's a crop. Here's the original, I had a hard time actually seeing the targets on the viewfinder screen:

SAM_2991.JPG
SAM_2991.JPG (3.39 MiB) Viewed 931 times
Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.