You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

Your Latest Shots, Show Them To Us

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 02 Jan 17, 23:48Post
Last shots of 2016 contained a couple of firsts: First time spotting a BTQ King Air and first time I recall seeing a classic 737 in the latest WN livery.

Make Orwell fiction again.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 15 Feb 17, 19:26Post
First shots of 2017 also had a couple of firsts. First visit to CYS, first sighting of the MAX, & first time a fellow NAS Member was featured in my photos.

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 16 Feb 17, 06:43Post
It's me!!! It's BQ!!!! <3 <3 <3!!!
airtrainer 10 Mar 17, 13:33Post
Belly shot with Amare at BRU this morning.

Grounded...
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 14 Mar 17, 17:45Post
Met a German girl. Fell in love.

Learned that PenAir uses FTG for cheep parking/hangar space for thier DEN operation.

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 14 Mar 17, 18:06Post
Good God. A Robinson and a glider had a night of passion, and that Skyhawk's looking at the landing gear, remembering that orgy, and is terrified that someone's going to do a paternity test. {crazy}
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 14 Mar 17, 18:40Post
It's a lot of fun to fly. :))
airtrainer 19 Mar 17, 23:17Post
Ed, is that you ? {laugh} {laugh}

080Ed.jpg
080Ed.jpg (162.59 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
Grounded...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 20 Mar 17, 06:47Post
Ha! :)) Clearly you attract this sort of hooliganism. {mischief}
vikkyvik 31 Mar 17, 20:32Post
My first A320neo:

airtrainer 23 Apr 17, 19:24Post
My 1500th upload :) Yesterday I visited BRU for the Luchtvaartdag (Airport Day), with lot of activities and displays. Tours were also offered free of charge for Brussels Airlines, TUI and the airport itself. There was also a contest for a spotting session from the control tower and I had the chance to be one of the few lucky winners {blush} ! While landings are usually made on 25L, cargo aircraft use 25R and this Ethiopian 777F came at the right moment...

Grounded...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 18 Jun 17, 09:27Post
During a work trip, I made a quick side trip to Scotland to see my parents, via EDI:

Back to LHR, got dumped on a remote stand at T5 and then someone started looking for a bus, then they started looking for stairs. Epic light and I'm stuck in an A320. Made the best of it:

Then to ORY, ostensibly for work:

Meeting out of the way, the real purpose of the visit:

And back to LHR again. Grabbed a Philippines A340 (a regular in Finnish airspace) from the hotel, before getting back on Finnair...

...and heading back to HEL:

HEL was HEL, and having 25 minutes' delay out of LHR due to a no-show made a tight connection still tighter. Worse still, it led to the "one that got away" for this trip: No sooner were we loaded into the inevitable bus right past passport control to the wrong end of the airfield than Hekla Aurora took off on the far side of the airport {hissy} Compared to that, not getting my bag was a minor inconvenience.

Somewhere in all that mess, I sneaked past 1000 uploads.
RaphaelTim 27 Jul 17, 06:50Post
airtrainer wrote:My 1500th upload :) Yesterday I visited BRU for the Luchtvaartdag (Airport Day), with lot of activities and displays. Tours were also offered free of charge for Brussels Airlines, TUI and the airport itself. There was also a contest for a spotting session from the control tower and I had the chance to be one of the few lucky winners {blush} ! While landings are usually made on 25L, cargo aircraft use 25R and this Ethiopian 777F came at the right moment...

Fantastic photo AirTrainer.
airtrainer 27 Jul 17, 21:25Post
Thanks a lot {blush}
And welcome on board {thumbsup}
Grounded...
venkat 28 Jul 17, 10:36Post
China Airlines A350 at KSFO.

ruper15 02 Aug 17, 10:25Post
airtrainer wrote:Belly shot with Amare at BRU this morning.

Nice shot! May I know what camera are you using?
airtrainer 02 Aug 17, 14:03Post
Thanks ruper15 ! I'm using a Canon 7D, the lens was a Samyang 8mm fisheye :)
Grounded...
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 09 Oct 17, 17:57Post
symphonicpoet 24 Oct 17, 20:41Post
Mind you, I ain't all that as an AV photographer just yet. (Don't have the right kit for it. Yet.) But none of that stops me from trying. And I managed to bag a rare-ish bird yesterday. (Which . . . everyone else has photographed too, mind.)

It was out and about with a pair of EA-18Gs . . .

and two T-33s. (I saw one of the T-33s heading back to the airport as I was driving up, but I couldn't get a picture.)

The EA-18s were apparently doing approaches and maybe touch and gos. Was an exciting day at Lambert. Practically an airshow.

Anyway, that's my day yesterday. That plus some more garden variety civilian stuff.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Oct 17, 11:18Post
Nice to have you onboard. Some of our best photographers started out with little kit and worked their way to some great shots.

That 757 is a funky-looking beast. It seems to have earned the nickname 'catfish'
A million great ideas...
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 25 Oct 17, 11:23Post
Suddenly, getting catfished doesn't sound so bad... :))
symphonicpoet 25 Oct 17, 16:55Post
JLAmber wrote:Nice to have you onboard. Some of our best photographers started out with little kit and worked their way to some great shots.

It's more the quality of the kit than the quantity. My longest lens is neither terribly long nor very fast. It works fine for landscape and rail photography. Planes move a little faster, they're a little smaller, and it's harder to get close. But yes, I'll eventually break down and get different kit. And I hope I will learn this new art. Thank you for your encouragement.

That 757 is a funky-looking beast. It seems to have earned the nickname 'catfish'

Indeed! I think I saw it again last night, though I didn't have any good way to confirm it. Shot some video and an aircraft of about the right size kept making touch and goes on an unpopular runway. I'm going out on a limb and guessing that the catfish was out again. Apparently they use it to test avionics on fighters. Was previously equipped for the F-22. I'll bet they're working on the avionics for the TX. (Which is what I'd really like to get a good picture of. Eventually. But those things are slippery little birds unless you have a Boeing employee ID.)

ShanwickOceanic wrote:Suddenly, getting catfished doesn't sound so bad... :))

It was kind of fun, actually. :) Catfish and Growlers all around. Tasty!
vikkyvik 03 Nov 17, 15:35Post
Putting my new (used) 6D through its paces:

ISO 12,800:

ISO 51,200:

ISO 10,000:

Pretty happy so far. Larger ISO range, and handles noise better than the 5D2.
airtrainer 03 Nov 17, 18:09Post
vikkyvik wrote:Pretty happy so far. Larger ISO range, and handles noise better than the 5D2.

Pretty impressive indeed {thumbsup}
My 7D at 800 ISO would be worse {crazy}
Grounded...
symphonicpoet 10 Nov 17, 17:26Post
Yeah, I can see why you like it. That's a heck of a good low light performance. Even the 51,2 doesn't look too noisy. Gorgeous!