You are at netAirspace : Forum : Spotting and Photography Forums : Aviation Photography

Your Latest Shots, Show Them To Us

Discuss with fellow aviation photographers, and share your latest shots here.

Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 25 Apr 09, 15:46Post
Let's get this party started guys.

We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf
Cadet57 25 Apr 09, 16:24Post
I havent been spotting, well plane spotting atleast, since last summer. That shall change today, its 83 and sunny. And BDL is looking mighty fine.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 25 Apr 09, 16:51Post
Click Click D'oh wrote:Let's get this party started guys.

Nice AA757!

And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 25 Apr 09, 17:35Post
miamiair wrote:Nice AA757!

Indeed!

Well, I submit my humble offerings:

From June 2006...

From July 2006...

From September 2007...

From November 2007...

Make Orwell fiction again.
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 25 Apr 09, 18:41Post
Well, mine are embarrassing compared to the stuff you guys have...

Slider... <sniff, sniff>... you stink.
DXing 25 Apr 09, 19:25Post

What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Apr 09, 02:45Post
All mine are crap, I know, but they try to capture what little interesting shots Billings has in between my work and classes. :)

Oh, and I reduced to 800x500, but I guess that's still not small enough? Grrr...
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 26 Apr 09, 03:27Post
G&#D&#@* medivac chopper. Every night right up 27th. :evil:
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
JetsGo (Founding Member) 26 Apr 09, 06:37Post
These are back from September 2008 during the Reno Air Races.

And last but not least, one ANCFlyer may or may not like, being an Army guy and all.... They had a neat stunt performed by the Alaska Air National Guard:

Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down
mr chips (Photo Quality Screener) 26 Apr 09, 11:47Post
Some of my shots from Helsinki;

My first time catching Russian metal and A340's!

PlymSpotter (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 26 Apr 09, 12:47Post
WOW - I love that Il-62 shot!!!

All the ones posted look really good, but I'm presuming we have to re-size to 640 pixels wide to post on this board? I'll post some of my latest shots in a bit, or when I get home, depending on how the editing goes on my laptop.

Dan :)
Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 26 Apr 09, 13:44Post
PlymSpotter wrote:All the ones posted look really good, but I'm presuming we have to re-size to 640 pixels wide to post on this board?

It depends on your sides screen resolution. I run at 1440 x 900 at home and see everything fine with no crops. If you are running 1024 x 768 or less you will probably see some of the larger images getting cut.

Use your income tax return to buy a higer resolution monitor. :P
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 26 Apr 09, 13:55Post
Click Click D'oh wrote:
Use your income tax return to buy a higher resolution monitor. :P

This is for another thread...
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
mr chips (Photo Quality Screener) 26 Apr 09, 14:15Post
PlymSpotter wrote:WOW - I love that Il-62 shot!!!

All the ones posted look really good, but I'm presuming we have to re-size to 640 pixels wide to post on this board? I'll post some of my latest shots in a bit, or when I get home, depending on how the editing goes on my laptop.

Dan :)

Ahh good point, I had forgotten about possible size limits when posting. 800 pixels wide seems to be the most used size so I'll use that in future :)
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 26 Apr 09, 15:02Post
About the image size thing, guys:

On the old board, there was a modification in place that auto-resized the images to fit. We're hoping to upload the old code soon, which should give us that modification and a few others. If you can live with the cropping for now, it'll sort itself out when we do that work.

In the meantime, Firefox users can drag the image to an empty part of their tab bar to open the image in a new tab. IE7 users, sorry, as far as I can tell you're SOL.
My friend and I applied for airline jobs in Australia, but they didn't Qantas.
PlymSpotter (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 26 Apr 09, 15:25Post
Thanks for the update Shanwick, I'll change my image size before uploading.

My last income tax return was submitted in April 2008, and it took until mid February 2009... so I'm not overly sue that I'll get this year's before next year :evil:
JeffSFO (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 19:25Post
Dream Machines Half Moon Bay:

Mojave Airport:

Nellis AFB:

Just north of China Lake, CA:

Death Valley, CA:

San Francisco Fleetweek, 2008:

Last edited by JeffSFO on 22 Feb 10, 21:28, edited 3 times in total.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 29 Apr 09, 19:42Post
Fantastic introductory post, Jeff. :shock:
Outstanding shots! And welcome on board!

mr chips wrote:Some of my shots from Helsinki;

Great stuff as well, Dave! Already saw it on Jetphotos - you're among the photogs with the most hits in past 24-48 hours. And well deserved!

As for the resizing problem: I just put a sticky on top of this forum. We will see to install a solution for this asap, but it is not as easy as it may seem. Still, we're working on it. I'll let you know when it will be resolved.

With so many outstanding shots being posted here, I am definitely looking forward to our May Photo Contest...
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
aloges (Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 21:48Post

Thanks a lot for all those awesome shots! I loved the TWA Coronado in particular... shame there's no chance to fly one of those birds, anywhere.

Does anyone know what variant of the 737-200 (if that's what it is) is chasing that B-2?

edit: It seems to be called the "NT-43A".

These are two of my feeble attempts... :oops:

early morning over the Alps

I have no tele, so I had to make a "frame" out of those bushes in the way.
sosumi
davestan_ksan 29 Apr 09, 22:53Post
:o :shock: WOW some awesome shots on here. Dave- hey mate, I haven't talked to you in ages! Hope all is well. Fantastic pics as always!

Jeff- Beautiful work!! The composition of your photos is immaculate. I especially like the one with the retired 767's. Everything just works beautifully for a stunning image.

Great work by all. :D :mrgreen:
John 16:33 | Gary Johnson 2012
JeffSFO (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 23:12Post
Zak wrote:Fantastic introductory post, Jeff. :shock:
Outstanding shots! And welcome on board!

Thanks, Zak. This is the first time I've posted most of those to an aviation forum so I'm happy to share them.

aloges wrote:Thanks a lot for all those awesome shots! I loved the TWA Coronado in particular... shame there's no chance to fly one of those birds, anywhere.

Does anyone know what variant of the 737-200 (if that's what it is) is chasing that B-2?

edit: It seems to be called the "NT-43A".

You're very welcome. In regards to the TWA 880, my father flew that very airplane seen in the photo when he was a pilot with TWA so it was a special moment when my girlfriend and I came across that on the Mojave tour. We passed by MHV on a recent trip to LAS and I begged and pleaded for us to stop and take the tour and she relented. :)

And, yes, the Air Force 737-200 is an NT-43A. Here's more info (thanks to 2H4 for this):

http://www.air-and-space.com/Death%20Valley%20sighting.htm

davestan_ksan wrote:Jeff- Beautiful work!! The composition of your photos is immaculate. I especially like the one with the retired 767's. Everything just works beautifully for a stunning image.

Thanks for gracious the comments. After all that work trying to get the right shot it's nice to know that someone is enjoying them.
aloges (Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 23:16Post
Is anyone using Firefox noticing a lack of colour intensity (or chroma or whatever it's called in Engurlish ;) ) in some of the photos here? I've tried viewing this thread with Safari and "my" TUIfly 737 looks a lot better there. :?:
sosumi
JeffSFO (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 29 Apr 09, 23:46Post
aloges wrote:Is anyone using Firefox noticing a lack of colour intensity (or chroma or whatever it's called in Engurlish ;) ) in some of the photos here? I've tried viewing this thread with Safari and "my" TUIfly 737 looks a lot better there. :?:

Firefox definitely lacks in color intensity compared to Safari on my MacBook Pro and it's annoying. Makes for a very different experience when working on Flickr but I've learned to live with it.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 30 Apr 09, 08:24Post
Just in case you missed it: our May Photo Contest was just started, and the respective thread is waiting for your submissions: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=377

I'd definitely like to see some of these shots there as well! 8-)
Ideology: The mistaken belief that your beliefs are neither beliefs nor mistaken.
JeffSFO (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 30 Apr 09, 17:25Post
Zak wrote:Just in case you missed it: our May Photo Contest was just started, and the respective thread is waiting for your submissions: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=377

I'd definitely like to see some of these shots there as well! 8-)

Would this count? ;)

Just kidding!